Lybrel User Reviews

Lybrel - User Reviews

Lybrel User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Lybrel sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: August 14

I absolutely LOVE this pill! I cannot stand to have periods and I do not ever plan on having children; thusly this drug is a miracle! My only complaint is slight spotting occurring a few times per year and the past few times I've had intercourse there has been blood present (embarassing!). Otherwise, I could take this birth control until I hit menopause!

Related Reading: birth control | menopause

Comment from: sherry, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 03

I had been having periods to the point that it was impossible to go to work even when using a super plus tampon and super pad. It did slow down the blood flow right away. I had some breakthrough bleeding during the first 2 months then on the third month I started the month with heavy spotting for two weeks and have now been having a period for two weeks. I called my doctor and he is switching me to yet another pill. I have tried ortho, dumulen, yasmin, seasonale, jolessa, and now whatever the new one is he is calling in tonight. I really feel they market these drugs as "fixing it all" when in reality they don't. They just need to recoup the cost for research. I hope the new one works. If it does, I will post again.

Related Reading: yasmin | seasonale

Comment from: M in Chicago, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 19

I have been taking Lybrel since March '08. The first two months were great, no period at all. I bragged about it too soon. I have had a period every since the beginning of May. Some days its light other days it's running like a faucet. I have been dead tired every since I started taking the pill. I also now have cramps, something I never had before. I would never recommend this drug to anyone. Everytime I call my doctor her nurse (not her) tells me it takes time. What if I were married or in a relationship, how do you think a 6 week period would affect it? No to mention, I'm in a bad mood because I can't do anything about it. I am spending money on tampons, pads and the this expensive pill. Why is it on the market anyway? Why did the FDA approve it? Do the benefits outway the side effects, not by a long shot.

Comment from: AO, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 07

Horrible is the best way I can describe my experience! I was placed on Lybrel to control extremely heavy and frequent periods, I took this pill for 3 months and used more Kotex in those months than I had in the last 3 years. I had horrible mood swings was angry one minute and crying the next. I also gained 15 pounds while on this pill. I'm glad my Dr changed my pill, with in 3 days of not taking the pill my period stopped and with in 2 weeks I had lost 10lbs, this pill was just not for me.

Comment from: lastcher, 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: March 08

I have been on Lybrel since late 2007...and I LOVE IT! I get my period every April, for about 3 days. I have lost the weight I gained from Depo and my mood swings even out. I swear by this and i have several friends who are now happily on this pill.

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 04

I thought I was having an unusual experience on Lybrel until I read some of these reviews, so I'll share my experience as well, so more women will be informed about this pill. I started taking Lybrel mid-menstrual cycle (with approval from my physician), so I knew I would still have a period during the first pill pack. I had no problems at all until it was time for my period to come, at which time I started spotting. I had spotting for a few days, and then I had a full period that lasted 12 days (5 days or so is normal for me). I thought it was probably because I had started the first pack mid-cycle, so I continued taking the rest of the first pack, and then started the second pack. After my period ended, I still had spotting and light breakthrough bleeding every single day, until I started my period again, exactly when my regular cycle should have started, except again, it was days longer than usual. Even after the second period stopped, I've had light breakthrough bleeding every day. I need effective birth control, and wanted the convenience of no periods, but I have given up hope that this pill would work for me. A few days of spotting would have been ok, but dealing with spotting and bleeding every single day for over a month has become far more inconvenient than what it's worth, so I made a doctor's appointment to get switched to a new pill. This BCP is not as miraculous as it sounds.

Comment from: bj, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 03

Mood swings and insomnia have been horrible.I have had spotting and bleeding continually for the two months that I have been using it! Rather have heavy 2 week periods than go through the side effects!

Related Reading: insomnia