Lybrel User Reviews

Lybrel - User Reviews

Lybrel User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Lybrel sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: mntmama, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: September 02

I started using lybrel 3 yrs ago and had no bleeding or spotting but in Dec I started bleeding and it lasted 4 weeks until I stopped the drug. I have tried it 2 more times and began having heavy periods that do not stop until Ive stopped the drug both times

Comment from: ADD (Moore, OK), 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 05

I've only been on Lybrel for three weeks, but have had CONSTANT spotting and some heavier bleeding for two & a half weeks straight. This last week, I've been having VERY frequent stomach cramps. After reading all the horrible reviews on this drug, I am calling first thing in the morning to switch back to tri-cycling with Lo Ovral. My husband and I are still very active and this just isn't worth it!!!

Related Reading: Lo Ovral

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 18

I had been tri-cycling with birth control for years because I'm one of the unfortunate people whose cycle was so out of control and painful, I actually would miss full weeks of school/work and have to get pain shots at the doctor's office in some cases.... so for me, the transition to lybrel was VERY easy. I had no spotting since my body was already used to the idea of not having a regular cycle, and I'm extremely happy I made the change :) I love having this freedom, and I love not having to dread the pain and the misery. For some women who only experience mild cramping or normal periods, it might not be for you. Or it might, if you really just want freedom. but for people like me who had doctors tell me it's best if I don't have regular periods, it's a GOD-send!

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: December 08

This is my third oral contraceptive, and since I started 8 months ago, I have had continuous heavy bleeding everyday! There has not been one day of relief. I am just waiting for my new prescription to get filled so I can get away from Lybrel!

Comment from: lelabug, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 15

My Dr. prescribed me to be on Lybrel due to my abnormally long/heavy periods/cramps. I have been taking Lybrel for almost a month now and started taking Lybrel during my period. At the end of my last period I have been spotting every single day and just been really frustrated and just hope that it will stop soon. From reading the other reviews I'm not sure if this is the right birth control for me if I am spotting every day. When does the spotting/light flow ends. This is my firt time being on a birth control pill so I guess I will wait and see in my start of my 2nd pack of pills.

Comment from: satisfied customer, 19-24 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: September 30

I started taking Lybrel about 1 year ago and havent had any period at all. Before i was on Depo shot and i gainede 50 pounds in 5 years of taking it so i needed something else that would make me gain weight but still have little to no period. This med. is the best and i couldnt be happier taking it.I LOVE Lybrel. It's the BEST

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 11

I started Lybrel after a million other treatments and surgeries that didn't work. I immediately stopped having periods, but am now in my 6th month and have started spotting...WEIRD? My pain has stopped since starting the pill (though it did take about 4 months to FULLY eliminate pain during intercourse, so hang in there ladies!) I have experienced extreme nausea in the past few weeks (not pregnant) and definitely have had my share of headaches since beginning the pill and trouble sleeping in the past couple of months but could be stress related, not blaming it all on the pill. I have bounced back and forth between breakouts since starting the pill, mainly face and upper back, which i never had problems with before. A little weight gain in the beginning, followed by lack of hunger for about a month, so i lost all of what i had gained (about 5 pounds). Its not an awful pill, I would say give it a chance if you are dealing with what I had to. (Newlywed who couldn't have intercourse for first 2 years of marriage due to pain from endometriosis).

Related Reading: stress | endometriosis

Comment from: Patsy, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: May 14

Until now, I had never used birt control pills.But, my periods got so heavy that I could bearly go to work. In first months of taking Lybrel my periods were even heavier.and then went to spotting every day for a month or more. The doctor said I needed to give it 3 months for it to kick in. So for the last 2-3 months I have had no bleeding whatsoever. Now I have a headache around my eye that is constant! The eye doctor could find nothing wrong. Now I am waiting to go to a neurologist. I think it's from the pill. The aches started about the time the spotting quit.

Related Reading: headache