Lyrica User Reviews

Lyrica - User Reviews

Lyrica User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Lyrica sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: KirbyMD, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 17

Hi....I have been on Lyrica 200mg 3xday for 3 months now....at first, I experienced all the same side effects I am reading about in further posts here....bllurry vision, WEIGHT GAIN - Uggghhh!....confusion, appearing drunk, severe confusion, memory loss, etc. BUT.....the reason I made this post is to share that now, in the end of my 3rd month of treatment, almost ALL has gone away, including the WEIGHT is coming OFF ! I knew from past experience with other medications that side effects come-n-go...when I first started Lyrica, I was freaked out at how many hit me at once, and was especially upset about the weight gain as "almost overnight" nothing fit me anymore, and it all centered in the belly, looking like I was pregnant. All the effects were grossly disturbing to me, but the pain relief was so outstanding that I had to keep reminding myself that "this too shall pass" and now it is starting to. I know that is very hard to do when so many side effects are hitting you at once, which seems to be what a lot of you are experiencing, but if you can hang in there I assure you they will subside. When my weight packed on, I immediately went on an 800-calorie diet (not healthy, but I was desperate) and because my pain was taken care of, I exercised and swam like crazy. Not ONE pound came off after a month of this, which made me ultra-frustrated and wanting to quit Lyrica "right now". But I made myself remember how I could never have even gotten into a pool, let alone swim, in the last 10 years and this has allowed me to jump around like a monkey if I want to! So I made myself BIG signs that I posted around my house that said "Remember your pain" and that helped me to focus on the good Lyrica was doing. Now, going into my 4th month, life is great and with going back to a normal diet (but I still exercise gently), I feel wonderful. Hang in there...I hope this gives you encouragement that inside the dark "side effect" cloud, the silver lining will soon come thru!

Related Reading: Lyrica

Comment from: mrskdmr2978, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 22

This drug is a life saver.I have fibromyalgia and my regular pain meds. weren't working so my doctor told me to try this. The relief was overwhelming. I could actually walk without hunching over with pain. As well as stand up straight. I felt like a new woman after taking this and the best thing was it didn't take weeks it literally only took an hour. I would and have recommended Lyrica to anyone that has chronic pain. It has really helped me regain my mobility and at least a normal physical pace. LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Related Reading: fibromyalgia | chronic pain

Comment from: dagmardan, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 23

After many years of back pain, sciatica, knee pain, two back surgery's, oxycodone, oxicontin, physio etc.and no pain relief, my surgeon prescribed Lyrica. What a difference!! Pain is now only about half of what it used to be. I also have a condition know as Achalasia. Because of this condition i have Gerds. I was amazed at how effective it was towards my heartburns. About 90% of pain and burning discomfort is gone.I am no longer taking Domperidone and Pantaloc (with my GP's permission). Have not had any major heatburn in months. I have had some burning discomfort every now and then, but nothing that a glass of milk couldn't take care of. And because of the fewer heartburns, i now have better sleep through most nights. My GP isn't sure why the lyrica has reduced my heartburn, but he suspects that a nerve that runs along the stomach wall may be benefiting from the lyrica. Whatever it is, i feel much better because of better sleep. Lyrica has been very effective controlling my nerve pain. I find it difficult to swallow because it only comes in capsules. Because of my Achalasia the pills tend to stick to my throat. Other than that i am quite satisfied.

Related Reading: sciatica | knee pain | Achalasia

Comment from: belindajean, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: December 13

Wonderful relief for Fibromyalgia. It works fast and have had no side effects from it. The secret to not hurting with Fibro is getting into the 3rd and 4th stages of sleep. If your body is in pain while you sleep you will not reach 3 & 4 sleep levels in which your muscles relax .Without them relaxing you will hurt every day you do not let them sleep. I promise you this works.I have had Fibro for 7 years from a horse accident and lst you have to rest at night and let your muscles go OFF DUTY and you will feel like a new person in a few days.I NEVER go to bed without a sleep aide. I am on Ambien and my muscles say thank you every day I can play in my flowers and yard and spend time living instead of sitting in a chair while my muscles die from not using them. I go to the gym and walk and ride a bike slowly not to hurt my muscles.Remember to keep your muscles warm and not get chilled. I use to use a heating blanket at night and it helped me so much. Get rest and try to use your muscles everyday so you do not lose them.I take 50mg of Lyricia and 100mg at night.I feel so good like I never had Fibromyalgia. Praise the Lord!!!

Related Reading: sleep | Ambien