Lyrica User Reviews

Lyrica - User Reviews

Lyrica User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Lyrica sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: George, 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 21

I have suffered from pain, restless leg, and trouble sleeping for many years. I started taking Lyrica and the very first night I had over 8 hours of undisturbed sleep and near zero pain.

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: October 22

Limited use of arms due to pinched nerves in neck, need 2nd surgery on fusion. Started taking this drug about 6 months ago. Weight gain is problem but drug is wonderful. Sleep too heavy but need dosage to relieve pain level.

Comment from: 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 16

About an hour after I injested a 50mg capsule of Lyrica I realized exactly how much pain and discomfort I had been experiencing...because it was practically gone. I also noticed I had an intoxicated feeling but not one that would interfere in daily functions. I hadn't been able to walk for more than a minute without the feeling that I would collapse in exhaustion. Suddenly I could walk and stand for much longer times than in over a year, It is a very powerful and effective drug in my case. It makes me conceerned of it's ability to maintain it's efficacy over extended periods of useage. It is a Godsend.

Comment from: jamison50, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 17

Used to treat my FMS pain. Started working over night with improved satisfaction with continued use. I am on week 8 of treatment. This has been the best thing that has happened since I was diagnoised (7 years). It was amazing to wake up and not feel that morning stiffness and muscle pain. I have been on disability for 5 years and have not worked. If I continue to feel this great I will be seeking employment again and hopefully be able to start living my life again. I had tried so many different medications in the past and nothing worked for me. I was on pain meds including oxycontin for 5 years. I am also sleeping better and the only side effects for me has been some increase in appetite so I am worried about weight gain. I cannot say enough good things about my experience with this medication. My doctor has been providing samples for me. My insurance will not pay for this. This is going to be a big problem for me. Neurontin is suppose to work the same for some, but has more side effects. Probably will not work for me and will mess up everything for me. Time will tell. For now I cannot say enough good things about Lyrica!

Related Reading: muscle pain | oxycontin | Neurontin

Comment from: LYRICA SUCKS!, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 15

Lyrica is HORRIBLE! I gained more than 50 pounds - and I have never had a weight problem. In November 2007, I weighed 105. One month later, I weighed 156. I'm only 5'3! I experienced every side effect, including pinkeye in BOTH eyes. I was puffy & swollen up like the Michelin Man. None of my clothes fit. I stopped taking Lyrica in January '08, but still haven't lost all the weight. Still can't wear my regular clothes. I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia/CFS in 2003 (but have suffered since 1995). Never before have I taken any medication that made me feel zoned out and zombie-like like Lyrica did. I staggered around, stumbled, bumped into things, even fell. Lyrica causes severe cognitive impairment; I couldn't concentrate or remember anything. It rendered me pretty much useless. I was a big piece of meat laying around all the time. If your doctor suggests Lyrica - BEWARE! If you do not want to gain weight and you depend on your memory and ability to concentrate... know what you are getting into. I thought Lyrica was going to be a miracle drug for my Fibromyalgia. It turned out to be a curse that I am still suffering from. Worst experience I've ever had with a medication. It should not be prescribed for Fibromyalgia. I don't see how people who have jobs take this stuff. It's worse than Neurontin when it comes to cognitive/mental impairment. It was like Fibro Fog x 1000. Don't take Lyrica!

Comment from: kfvander, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: March 26

The Pain I was having before lyrica, was a constant reminder that I would not be the person I once was, but minimal pain after lyrica, I can function very close to how I once was. I am greatful for this medication, I do not know what I would do without it. I had no side effects at all, I have heard that there are others that have experienced side effects, but if you are just starting the medication, do not hesitate or be afraid of this treatment. It is worth the chance that it will work for you as it did for me. It gave my life back to me.

Comment from: apolishgurl@aol.com, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 04

This is a follow-up for folks who read my initial statement. I have been on Lyrica for almost a month. I started out at 75mg twice daily in addittion to flexeril 10mg bedtime and lexpro 20mg at bedtime. I had immediate pain relief and have just started 150mg twice a day and almost all pain is gone! Yes, I felt woozy at first but that subsided after a week or so. I suffer with Fibro and the sleeplessness and depression that goes along with it. I must say I had a lovely xmas and was able to decorate and "un" decorate lol without having to go to bed for three days afterword. I have not noticed wieght gain yet although don't we all gain a little during the holidays? For me, Lyrica has been a blessing...no side effects yet other than the wooziness that has subsided. I take most meds at bedtime and sleep thru any woozy feelings they cause...with the daytime 150mg lyrica dose I eat breakfast have 2 cups of coffee and go about my day I notice a bit of forgetfullness but that also comes with menopause and being 50 plus. Feel free to write me if I can help or answer anything I haven't said here...I am truely amazed at the results I have gotten from lyrica! I will stop taking the flexeril 10mg this week to see if I can still function this well and practically pain free! Denise

Related Reading: flexeril | depression | menopause