Lyrica User Reviews

Lyrica - User Reviews

Lyrica User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Lyrica sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Kathleen, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 12

I have fibromyalgia among a nasty handful of other conditions.The first day was sleepy and clumbsy with no pain relief.Second day,it added loss in vision,swelling,confusion,dizziness,nausea, constipation more pain instead of pain relief. I called my Dr. and was told these were common side effects and they would go away as I got used to it. They didn't. I called again and was told to give it a little more time. One month and 35lbs later I couldn't stand it any more. I called again and changed my next appointment to the next day. I went in and as I stumble into the exam room the first thing the nurse says is "your gaining a little weight aren't you?" DUH! Dr. examines me and listens to my camplaints again. Draws some blood and sends me home to wait for the results. Next morning I get a call from My Dr. telling me to discontinue use immediately. Guess what? Liver failure. I would have died if I had waited for my next scheduled appointment. Be proactive. If you feel that these side effects are unreasonable for a pill that's supposed to make you feel so much better, call your doctor and insist on a visit and blood work. The list of side effect for this pill are very similar to the symptoms of liver failure. I have never had a problem with my liver before so, be aware of how you feel. Insist on a blood test. Peolpe with fibromyalgia get tired of compaining about this disabling syndrone. Some Dr's get tired of hearing it. Don't let these symptoms go unheard. You could become very ill or die. I hope you all find relief from your pain. Be careful.

Related Reading: dizziness | constipation | Liver

Comment from: jinglebell32828, 55-64 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: February 05

Lyrica might have slightly helped my Fibromyalgia and the pain from neuropathy, but the side effects made me stop it on my own. "Drowsiness, dizziness, dry mouth, constipation, difficulty concentrating, swollen arms/legs, and weight gain may occur." Oh yes! After 6 months I gained about 60 pounds which have been almost impossible to lose. I had blurred and decreased vision, and found out I had developed cataracts at age 59. The sweating was terrible as was the swelling of my hands and feet. I also had constipation and abdominal pain, and became unsteady at times. There were few side-effects I didn't experience, many of them not listed until after I had been on the medication for 6 months. I get angry every time I see those skinny actresses touting the benefits on TV. Have others had such a horrible time with this med?

Related Reading: dry mouth | cataracts | abdominal pain

Comment from: cynthia garrison, M.D., 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 12

Weight gain, increased appetite, changes in speech capability, memory loss, dizziness, hypersomnia. Side effects made medication use intolerable

Related Reading: hypersomnia

Comment from: fibrostinks, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 24

First MONTH on this drug I felt drunk during every waking hour. Blurry vision was immediate. PCP begged me to stick it out. I have been on for almost 3 months now but the vision problems are getting worse. After rheumy and pain doc freaked when I told them this (RPh said it was just a side effect) had to see opthamalogist. Significant vision loss in both eyes. Numerous blind spots. Does not know if this is permanant damage. Have to go for brain MRI and vision field test next week. While it helped the fibro pain, it made me gain 10 lbs, I can't think straight and now my vision may be permanantly damaged? My opthamalogist is reporting my case to the manufacturer and the FDA. I'd think long and hard about using this med. This is the third time I've been given a new med that has caused problems. 2 were recalled from the market. No more new meds. I'm done with them. I'd rather take opiates which are safe and effective if you don't abuse them. These designer drugs are causing too many problems, IMO.

Comment from: Kerri, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 20

I have fibro - been on just about all there is out there at one point or another. Doc gave me Lyrica, and it's like a miracle. For the first time in 25 years, I'm not in pain. Now to convince the insurance company to help pay for it...

Comment from: CMK, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 26

I was amazed at how much better I feel. I could hardly function before taking Lyrica. I am now nearly free of all of the numbness, tingling and burning pains I was having with Fibromyalgia. I have virtually no side effects. I guess I am one of the lucky ones. Definitely worth giving it a try.

Comment from: Scoliosis Surgery Survivor, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 07

I have been taking Lyrica for back pain after a scoliosis fusion, where they put 2 long Titanium rods along the length of my spine. I take Cymbalta for depression and anxiety, Provigil for ADD and Trazodone to sleep. I am like a toxic waste dump of medications! But they HELP me very much and I would be a very different person without them. My comment is this: read the reviews with the realization that other reviewers are people who could have other conditions that may affect their perception of how Lyrica is working for them, or those other conditions may be causing the side-effects. As a person who had uncontrolled anxiety in the past, I know what it is like to freak out and imagine all sorts of problems when taking a new medication. Heart racing, stomach pain, flushed face, trouble sleeping - these things could all be caused by anxiety or other things, so don't always believe that they are caused by the drug itself. Too many fearful and anxious people might get in the way of others looking for relief from agonzing daily pain, and that would be unconscionable. So take all the comments with a grain of salt, including mine, of course, to be fair!

Related Reading: scoliosis | Cymbalta | anxiety