Lyrica User Reviews

Lyrica - User Reviews

Lyrica User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Lyrica sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: DGIO59, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 21

THIS MEDICATION MADE ME GAIN ALMOST 10 POUNDS IN 2 WEEKS. I STILL CANNOT GET RID OF THIS EXCESSIVE WEIGHT THAT I DID NOT HAVE BEFORE I TOOK LYRICA. I AM AN ACTIVE PERSON, GO TO THE GYM 2X A WEEK, RIDE A BICYCLE AND MY JOB IS NOT SEDINTARY. I WIASH SOMEONE WOULD HAVE WARNED ME OF THIS TERRIBLE SIDE EFFECT. ADDED WEIGHT CAN ALSO INCREASE BACK PAIN.

Comment from: bluecarnation200, 55-64 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: June 19

I am 63 yrs of age. Late onset of diabeties. I have fibromialga and general nerve pain in my upper legs. I have started a medium easy regamin of exercize. I haven't exercized in over 10 years. I am doing it under a physical therapist. The reason I am going into it this much is to show how much Lyrica has helped me. My DR put me on 50 MG. I went from hardly being able to move (because the pain was so bad) to walking 1/2 mile three times a day, working in my garden and doing several limbering up exercizes. Did I forget to tell you how much I weigh? I started at 307 lbs. I now weigh about 180. Because I can move with out pain. I wonder if some of the bad side affects from some of the previous posters might be, because they were started on to high of a dosage. I have had no side affects at all. Or atleast none I have noticed. I would reccomend this medicine to any one. JUst make sure you aren't put on such a high dosage that it scares you. NEVER be afraid to talk to your Dr about dosage. Also. The internet is absolutely fantastic to look up some of the medicines that are perscribed to you. Look it up and make an informed decision. The only reason I put 4 stars up for Ease of Use is because for me it is hard to remember the noon time dose. I am usually running around at that time. I forget. LOL Hope this has been in informative for you. May the LOrd help you with your pain. Respectfully Another sufferer.

Comment from: Hope, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 19

I have had fibromyalgica for 20+ years. Just knowing the FDA approved a medication for treatment was a huge relief! Someone in the medical field believes this is a true illness and that "it is NOT all in my head"! I have been on Lyrica for almost 3 weeks. The first week I was very sleepy when I woke up in the morning, but the wonderful part was by the end of the first week, I could get up in the morning and it did not hurt to put my feet on the floor and stand up. I also woke up feeling like I had some rest! Normally I wake up feeling just a tired as when I went to bed. I am very hopeful for the long term outlook. I am concerned about the possible weight gain, however with less pain I hope to be more active again. Thank you and please keep up the research on Fibromyaligia.

Comment from: sister06, 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: July 26

I honestly think this is a terrible drug. I have Fibromyalgia and took it for a brief period until I could see the changes in my personality and it made me more depressed. Now, my sister is taking it and I think it has caused her to lose her mind. She and her husband split after nearly 40 yrs. of marriage. I feel they should tests this drug again for depression. I feel this is what's causing her to act so strange and eratic. Has anybody else had a bad experience with this drug??

Comment from: Gattamalata, 25-34 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: November 24

After back and nerve pain for two years, I tried every therapy (chiropractic, physical therapy, injections, painkillers). Nothing else worked. After taking Lyrica for several months, I'm about 85% better, which means living a normal life again. No noticeable side effects. Yes, it's expensive, yes it's worth it. I took it at a lower dose (100mg/day) for a few weeks and it didnt work. I tried again at 300mg/day and after a few weeks, it made a real difference.

Comment from: babyblue, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: April 18

I have lost 18 months of my life to this drug. 18 months, a complete blank, except the horrific pain that I had to endure. This was why it was prescribed, for pain,and in that respect NOTHING!! Side effects- My feet were so RED and SWOLLEN I looked like Fred Flintstone.I could not get ANY shoes on. My upper body looked like a football players when they were wearing pads! The PAIN was WORSE , not better! I also gained about 40 pounds which I believe was from ALL this fluid retention. Worse than this my jaw teeth completely rotted, resulting in dentures! My hair got so thin I thought I was going bald!!I also use to have PERFECT vision, but not anymore.I also could not stay awake most of the time. Mental effects- I could not be trusted to go anywhere by myself because I possibly would not find my way back home. My cooking and baking turned into "a risk taking event" because I might just forget what I was doing and burn our home to the ground.I became distraught because I could not figure out what was wrong with me!!I then started crying at the drop of a hat. I had gone from an attractive 45 year "young" looking and acting woman that took much pride in my appearance and the way I cared for my family to a very sad ,old looking (toothless, fat and half bald) woman that was acting as if I had been afflicted with Alzheimers(like my grandmother had some years earlier.)This was ABSOLUTELY terrifying for myself and my family! The doctor would not admit that Lyrica was causing this. His solution- Prozac(for depression)prednisone(for swelling) This made matters go from BAD to WORSE!! The prozac made me gain more weight and sleep even more!! Finally(for some unknown reason) I thought "Enough is enough!" I think my sub concious realized if I did not put a stop to this, mentally and possibly even physically I was not going to survive! I got myself off of this junk, weight came off,my mind has returned but I'll never be able to get that 18 months of my life back, and FOR WHAT???

Related Reading: Prozac