Lysteda User Reviews

Lysteda - User Reviews

Lysteda User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Lysteda sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: lrw, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 28

Trying to be thorough for those who are wondering about this drug- hope this isn't TMI!! I am 35, have 2 kids, and have tried some of the hormonal BC pills, rings, etc… but they have all had adverse effects on me, so I wont use them anymore. Normally my periods are 7 full days of bleeding. Days 2-4 I usually wore heavy/overnight pads & super size tampon that I had to change almost every hour around the clock, or I would risk bleeding through everything in sight. My period this month was due when I was on vacation (of course!), so it showed up the moment we got to our destination. Using Lysteda, I was able to enjoy myself- swimming, sports activities, sleeping comfortably- w/o being paranoid about where the nearest bathroom was and w/o wondering if I was going to feel a mortifying gush of blood at any moments notice. It does not stop bleeding all together, but I would say I had a 50% or more decrease. I used probably 1/4 the number of tampons & pads I usually would. Taking the pills was not a problem, and after day 5, when you stop taking them, my period just abruptly ended. I had no noticeable side effects. I am interested to see if my period will get even more tolerable as I continue taking the pills. Worth a try in my opinion if your period incapacitates you every month like mine did!

Related Reading: Lysteda

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 30

I can not say enough good things about Lysteda - it has changed my life! I've been taking it during my period forthe past 5 months and it has significantly lessenedmy blood flow. Before Lysteda, I honestly was homebound the week I had my period. On some days I would go thru a super plus tampon every 20 minutes & could not sleep the night because of all the leaking. Now, w/Lysteda my flow is back to normal & I can actually stand upright & get back to physical activity. I just completed a half-marathon & I had my period on race day but after taking Lysteda. The amount of menstrual flow was not an issue. This medication was absolutely life changing for me. I do get the headache side affects but nothing some ibuprofen can't take care of - definitely ask your doctor about this medication before considering any type of surgery to stop the heavy menstrual bleeding!

Related Reading: sleep | headache | ibuprofen

Comment from: laura, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 01

Due to fibroids, I have had 2 days a month of debilitating heavy bleeding. My Dr always wanted me to do the Mirena IUD, but I was not interested so just suffered, cancelled plans and/or called into work on these days. Two weeks ago my Dr prescribed Lysteda and I used it the last 2 days and it is a God send. I was able to go to work, I actually even did the treadmill. It decreased my bleeding by about 80%. I had absolutely no side effects from the med. (I was scared to death to take a new medicine, but I'm now glad I gave it a try, it is truly life-changing.) I wanted to comment on this medicine, because reading the other positive reviews is what helped me make up my mind to give Lysteda a shot)

Related Reading: Mirena

Comment from: 45-54 (Patient) Published: June 18

I've had 4 separate surgeries for fibroids (2 myomectomies, 2 hysteroscopies) and they all stopped the seriously heavy bleeding for a while--but the fibroids have continued to recur. I've been on Lysteda for 2 months, and the results are amazing. It seemed like that I'd need a hysterectomy, and now that won't be the case. Bleeding has been reduced by at least 80%, no side effects at all. I feel like I've regained 5 days of my life each month. Cost with insurance is $50/month, but that's less than what I used to spend in tampons, etc.--well worth it. A miracle drug for me.

Comment from: sadbylysteda, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: March 11

my 44 year old sister is in the neuro ICU from a massive stroke taking this medication. She will never be the same. Ask your Doctor about the increased stroke risk with this medication. She will never be the same. She will not speak again. She has no use of her right side of her body.

Related Reading: stroke

Comment from: NANCESMILE, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 22

I am 38 years old and I have fibrods, endometriosis, ovarian cyst and anmeia. My blood clots and flow were extremely heavy during the 2-3 days of my period. I would use the largest pads on the market with depends underpants during the night due to the accidents and 3 trips to the bathroom. My Doctor gave me lysteda and it worked immediately. The 2nd cycle was better and the 3rd cycle and on was great! It is such a relief and comfort to have a normal life. THANK YOU!!!

Related Reading: endometriosis | blood clots