Lysteda User Reviews

Lysteda - User Reviews

Lysteda User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Lysteda sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Va LOVE, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: June 30

I had heavy periods most of my adult life. Large clots, cramps, frequent cycle...THE WORST! I saw a commercial for Lysteda and asked my doctor about it since I wanted to avoid surgery at all cost. It worked great for about 9 months...I had the headaches, back pains, dry mouth ect but it reduced my flow by 50%. Well after the 9th month, the large clots returned and my period got longer ( from 5 days to 10 days) and instead of my 2nd and 3rd days being my worst days, I only had one heavy day on day 4 or 5 where I would bleed so bad that I thought it was a miscarriage. Well after using this drug for over a year, I woke up one morning and COULD NOT MOVE! I had a Charlie horse that would not go away and back pain out of this world! I went to the ER where they said I had sciatica (back pain where the pain also shoots down one or both legs). After being treated for a very slight herniated disk and sciatica my pain would always get worst during and after my period. Although I told both my neuro and my GYN about my theory about this drug they both did said that they didn't know if it was the cause but it was unlikely. Tired, exhausted and frustrustrated I was faced with two choices...stop taking this drug and go back to being a slave to my period or get a partial hysto. I opted for the partial-hysto and WAHHLAHH no more back pain, no more leg pain, no more periods! Please be careful...I know there is not a lot of research out there on LYSteda but I decided to post this as a warning.

Related Reading: dry mouth | miscarriage | sciatica

Comment from: louann, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 02

Very effective in reducing the amount of bleeding and clots! It's a lot of pills to take--but for only 5 days. It's a little expensive and if I have to take it until after menopause--I might consider the hysterectomy that my doc recommends for Andomyosis instead of taking this med for the duration. But it DOES work--very little side effects--seem to be a little fatigued (nothing compared to how my periods used to wipe me out)

Related Reading: menopause

Comment from: mel1974mp, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 19

I am 37 years old and have been diagnosed with Hypotyhroid disorder and severe anemia since I was about 26. I have had heavy periods with large clots and pain so severe it stopped my normal life when I was on my period. My clots were the worst on day 2 and 3 with Lysteda they are almost non existent. I have had this condition for over 10 years and after taking this medication the first day I felt a difference it worked great my flow is at least 50% less and I no longer have to take pain pills to get through a work day or end up in my bed all weekend not wanting to even move. This drug is a miracle to me

Related Reading: anemia

Comment from: Trixie, on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 10

I am 45 years old with fibroids. I have had heavy cycles for the past 11 years. Day 2-3 is hard for me to leave my house due to the heavy bleeding. I have tried Lysteda 650mg. 3x a day for three days. During that time frame it worked well. My cycle was not as heavy. I was able to go out with my family and not worry about having to change my pad every time I felt a gush. Within one week of taking this I started to have blood in my urine (this past Sunday). I called my regular doctor and he is running a urine test as of now. I started thinking what I did this past month that is different. Then I thought of Lystida and looked up the side effects of this drug. Blood in the urine is a side effect. I will update my results when I find out more information. As of now I will not take this medication. This is very scary!

Comment from: none, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 11

I have had periods since I have been 21 and have been getting worse and worse throughtout the years. I have tried every herb and vitamin there is, I have had multiple d and c's and only came back worse after the surgery. Well, I can only thank one person for this medicine and that is My father God and My Lord Jesus. I believe that he put the wisdom and knowledge in some wonderful person thoughts to make this medicine. Whoever you are out there that developed this medicine....its wonderful and i can finally have some freedom in my life when i have my periods. thanks

Comment from: veggirl70, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 01

I have had severe excessive bleeding due to uterine fibroids since getting my first period at age 12. Which I thought was normal. As years passed my periods became heavier with each year especially after I stopped taking birth control. I had D & C in 2004 and took lodine in hopes that would shrink the lil suckers. I was left with major side effects. Now at age 40 I'm thrilled to be taking non hormonal treatment that actually works after only one dose, 2 pills 3 times per day. I'm keeping my fingers crossed as my insurance company is not being very cooperative, cheap meanies, and I may have to pay out of pocket. Oh and I have not experienced any side effects....yet.

Related Reading: uterine fibroids | birth control | lodine