Lysteda User Reviews

Lysteda - User Reviews

Lysteda User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Lysteda sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Neennyc, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 22

Lysteda has saved my life. I have had very heavy bleeding in the past year due to adenomyosis. I hemorrhaged and needed and D and C in July '10. My doctor said my body is like a time bomb and could do anything at any moment after a very heavy month in November passing large heavy clots for 3 days straight. In December my doctor suggested I try Lysteda as a last resort before a hysterectomy. It worked! I went from all day and night bleeding for at least 3 days to now having just a first day of regular bleeding, no night bleeding and spotting for most of the cycle. I do occasionally pass a large clot, but then it immediately stops. I was veer anemic when I started and now my iron levels after 4 months are in the normal range for the first time in 10 years. I have had some stomach cramping but I'll take it with the decrease in bleeding. It's also a lot to try to time it right for all pills 3x a day, but in the end I feel like Lysteda is too good to be true and hope it works for everyone else like it has for me.

Comment from: PHYLLIS, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 06

THIS IS THE FIRST TREATMENT FOR ME. I HAVE ABOUT 1/3 REDUCTION OF MENSTRAL SYMPTOMS.THE CRAMPING BEING THE MOST NOTED.

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 11

I took Lysteda for the first time this month. So far I'm extremely happy with it. Had cramping but no more than usual. What was unusual was I felt a contraction type feeling the 3rd morning after I took the Lysteda that lasted about a 1/2 hour. The contraction feeling was not painful, just freaky. No other unusual side effects noted at this time. The number of days on cycle were as usual. My flow was reduced by 50% or more. I was not tied to a bathroom like I usually am on days 2-5! I messed up on the dosage the first day and only took one 650mg tablet in the morning and afternoon. Taking only one had reduced it some (like 20%) but not as much as it did once I got my actual prescription and noticed I needed to take two 650mg tablets, three times a day. My doctor prescribed it correctly, I had forgotten how many she said. It seemed like it would be a lot to remember taking the meds at first, but if someone has a vested interest such as I, you don't forget...believe me! I did start the meds on day 2 and stopped at bedtime on day 5, my doctor says however I should start taking them on day 1. I am not a big fan of taking medication for anything, but I recommend Lysteda because it was very freeing. I will try to remember to post updates after continued usage, especially if I develop side-effects. I've found the reviews of others very helpful to me. Note for medical professionals: A strange occurance that may be linked to the contraction type feeling on morning 3. I had two ultra sounds. One about a week after my last period ended and one two days after this past period ended (lysteda usage) and the technician told me my uterus was significantly smaller in size. Not sure if that has anything to do with the Lysteda, but it may be noteworthy. If not disregard.

Comment from: LystedaWorks, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 27

I have used Lysteda for one month and I am very pleased with the results. While it did not shorten my period, it made it much more manageable and eliminated the clots. I had to push my doctor to prescribe as she was unfamiliar. It is a great alternative to birth control with hormones and for those with other gynecological issues (fibroids, cysts). I had absolutely no side effects.

Related Reading: cysts

Comment from: sgcaver, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 28

I have used Lysteda for 2 months now and I can tell you it works on really slowing down the heavy bleeding. I take 6 pills on the day of my heavy bleeding and in about 2 hours of taking the 1st 2 pills my bleeding has slowed considerably. I time the last 2 pills to just before bedtime to slow the flow overnight. I'm lucky that my bleeding is heavy for only the first 36 hours so I don't have to take the pills longer than a day and 1/2. I haven't had any side effects that I can tell and am lucky my insurance covers it with my usual co-pay. If you have heavy bleeding I would really encourage you to speak with your Dr. about taking this medicine. It absolutley works for me. I wish I would have had the courage to talk with my Doctor earlier about this problem.

Comment from: Gwen, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 20

Within 2 days I only had to use a pantyliner. No pads and no pain!! There was some stomach problems at first,, but went away in a day.

Comment from: sabdmoore, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 16

I have very heavy menstrual cycles on days 2 and 3. Day 2 is the absolute worst ... I can bleed heavily for 4-5 hours straight. I have ended up in the ER twice for lightheadness and shortness of breath. At the beginning of the year, I tried the Depo Provera shot. It helped but it caused weight gain, hair loss, and prolonged spotting. So I did not do another one of those shots. I had the D&C surgery which ended up being expensive and a waste of time. I had to ask my OB-GYN about this medication because I saw the leaflet in the waiting room. He acted as though he did not want prescribe it. He said the only thing that would help me is a hysterectomy. I plan to have one, but not this year so in the meantime I love taking Lysteda because it makes me feel like I have a normal period. I have definitely recommended it to others I know with the same problem. My periods do not interfere with my life anymore.

Related Reading: Depo Provera | hair loss