Lysteda User Reviews

Lysteda - User Reviews

Lysteda User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Lysteda sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Daja, 35-44 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: June 17

I have been taking Lysteda for 9 months and it's truly a miracle. I have 3 large uterine fibroids, one the size of an orange, 1 a lemon and the other smaller. At any rate, I have been told by at least 6 to 7 physicians that my best bet is to just have a hysterectomy. Well after years of just prolonging my decision, I have discovered this medicine and it has significantly changed my life. I used to have to wear tampons and pads simultaneously, and I had to change at least 45 min to an hour, now, I can actually go nearly 3 hrs without worrying that I am going to have an accident. This is truly a blessing. I'm very satisfied.

Comment from: Staci, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 15

I took Lysteda last month and it did decrease the overall flow by probably 30-40% but it lengthened my period from a usual 6 days to 9 days. I have noticed some vision changes for side effects. I had planned to take it again for the following month due to vacation plans at the beach, but I'm still waiting for my period to arrive! I'm 11 days late and after 4 negative pregnancy tests, I'm wondering if Lysteda has somehow changed my cycle? I'd be curious to see if this has happened to anyone else?

Related Reading: pregnancy

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 29

This is my second month on Lysteda and it has made my previously out-of-control periods much more manageable. I actually can sleep through the night without having to get up 2-3 times to change my tampon. Only down side is cost (its not in my insurance plan) and having to remember to take it 3 times a day (its easy to forget the midday dose). I am very pleased with the results and i wish this drug was around years ago.

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 23

Finally a product that works for me! Easy to use and no side effects, just less bleeding with my period.

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 07

My periods were always heavy, but after the birth of my second child they would start on day 1 with very heavy bleeding. I could bleed through an Ultra absorpancy tampon in an hour or less. Since taking lysteda, my periods are managable and back to my "normal." I am very happy with the results and have had no side effects.

Comment from: andrea, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 10

I have been told by doctor after doctor "we don't know why you bleed like this. It's not normal. Here, try this...". Nothing worked. I would bleed for 7 to 8 months without stopping. You don't even want to KNOW what I spend on tampons and pads - it's ridiculous! This week, I was ordered into my doctors office because I had gone through 8 super plus tampons in less than 3 hours. I was dizzy, I was nauseated, and I felt like I was going to pass out. My doctor put me on Lysteda. I have now taken it for three days and guess what? I am only wearing a pad right now! NO TAMPON - IT'S AMAZING! I have two more days to go on this medication. But so far, I am really happy with my results.