Macrobid User Reviews

Macrobid - User Reviews

Macrobid User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Macrobid sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: sed8s, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 29

Just about died using this medication. Thought I had severe meningitis...104 degree fever, chills, nausea, light sensitivity, SEVERE headache and neck pain, pale skin and red eyes and puffy lower eyes to cheeks with redness, muscle weakness...had to spend three days in the hospital. Had CT, MRI, Chest x-ray, spinal tap and multiple blood tests before it was determined that it was a severe allergic reaction to this drug.

Related Reading: meningitis | fever | headache

Comment from: sdmechanic, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 24

I had a very serious uti that was affecting my kidneys. I was in terrible pain. Took my first pill Thursday evening, and when I woke up I felt great. I woke up Sat morning feeling fluish, by Saturday night I was up to 102 temp., pain thruout my abdomen, kidneys, under my ribs. The flu symptoms are gone now, Monday, but all of the pain is still there. Worse now, because of the pain under my ribs that is constant, Oh YAH, now I have an excruciating headache. I am MISERABLE!!!!!

Related Reading: flu

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 17

Experience severe side effects (fever of 103 and higher, severe headaches and difficulty breathing) which landed me in the ER twice because the first MD assured me it was not a drug reaction and when I took the second time reaction was much worse. I think this drug should not be given to anyone. Too many side effects and I have never had a reaction quite like this ever before...

Comment from: Hello_Kitty_Gurl71, on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 06

Day 4 of 7 and other then feeling a little light headed,tired,have a headache,nauseated and stomach cramps I'm good. I DID however find a way that almost totally elliminates all these symtoms while taking this drug and that is to eat ALOT of food before you take it like you just went to a buffet seriously I have a sensitive tummy sometimes and I ate alot even though my appetite was gone I ate whetevr was there and drank a whole glass of water WITH the medication and I have had no side effects except for the tiredness and headache which is o.k. with me. When I didn't eat alot and took the meds I was horrible sick with diarrhea so that was not good but I still took the medication DO NOT stop taking unless you absolutely have to. Hope I helped :).....Melani

Related Reading: diarrhea

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 27

I was prescribed Macrobid for a UTI. Took my first dose with food and went to bed. Woke up with severe headache, muscle aches, back ache, joint pain. As the day wore on, developed a fever, 102, chills, sweats, and flushed face. Luckily I read the side effects on the paper that came with the prescription and called the doctor right away. Can't believe that this med is still on the market with so many people reporting these same side effects. Thank goodness I was only down for 48 hours!

Related Reading: Macrobid

Comment from: Marion Lynch, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 31

I have been sick for 4 weeks with this medicine. I kept getting (or so I thought), urinary tract infections...they put me on macrobid which would fix the infection because my cultures came out clear; however, I was so nauseous, night sweats, chills, severe malaise, exhaustion, horrible headache, backach, that I thought the UTI kept coming back. From my gynecogist, I went to a urologist and then to her partner when she was out. The prescribed Microbid after intercourse...I would be sick all day in bed the next few days. When the urologist said I was fine that I should go to my internist because there was nothing wrong with me with my kidneys, I did so. I spoke with my physicians PA and then the doctor. They both told me there was nothing wrong with me and that I must have experienced a viral infection (that lasted 3 to 4 weeks). I told each and every doctor my symptoms after I took the medicine and NOT ONE said that I was having a severe allergic reaction until I looked it up on line. I was very very relieved that I was not losing my mind; however, I am so disappointed in the medical community.....to have FOUR doctors who could not put 2 and 2 together is extremely disturbing. I WILL NEVER TAKE THIS DRUG AGAIN. I thought I was going to die. And then to be told it was probably just a little viral infection (no cause or reason)...is so upsetting. I am a college-educated person who rarely goes to the doctor and I was made to feel like a hypochondriac. Years ago I took flagyl which resulted in severe joint pain - the doctor said he had never heard of flagyl doing that to anyone and that it was definitely NOT A SIDE EFFECT. I called my druggist who read me the side effects and sure enough join pain was there. What the heck is wrong with these doctors??

Related Reading: night sweats | flagyl