Marinol User Reviews

Marinol - User Reviews

Marinol User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Marinol sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: January 30

I have been suffering from chronic pain and nerve damage in my groin for three years. I have had 4 surgeries and going on my 5th. I have been on all kinds of narcotics and nerve medications and nothing has touched the pain. After some research I found out about MARINOL and I've been taking it for about 3 months. It's pretty much been a maricle drug i can get through a day pretty much pain free if i keep up with the dosage.

Related Reading: chronic pain | MARINOL

Comment from: checky, 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 14

I had cancer surgery to remove a lung, afterwards I was sick and could not eat, food made me nauseous. I had loss so much weight and was really weak. I was admitted on a Friday and by Saturday after taking the pill overnight, it was like night and day, I was feeling great! Absolutely no nausea and my appetite came back immediately. I recommend this pill if nothing else is working to increase your appetite and I thank my doctor for suggesting it.

Related Reading: cancer

Comment from: DTT, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 15

I am using this to ease the side effects from interferon treatment. It really helps me regain my appetite, and lift my spirits. I understand thst it is basically pot, but I think it's time people wake up and see the medicinal uses the plant has. I reccomend this to anyone struggling with treatment.

Comment from: lvgnnpn, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 14

i had severe chronic back pain that vicodin couldn't help.the pain was so severe it caused nausea that ,again, nothing helped.after pleading with my dr, he finally wrote a rx for me. it was the first time i had any relief in five + years.unfortunately, my insurance didn't cover it so the pain has returned. i think marinol should be easier to get through insurance.

Related Reading: vicodin

Comment from: marinol stoner, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: November 17

I have gastro parisis and use it to try and stop the nausea...I now have a j tube and it really helps with the nausea when I do my feedings..If I didnt have insurance I couldnt afford this medicine cause it would be like 750 for a months supply..I take 5 mg's twice a day..I still say the plant in it's natural form works the best....

Comment from: ME, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: February 16

I have MS and the treatment that I get for it makes me nausiated all month long.they give me zofran and reglan but I have found these drugs to be non efective in treating my nausia and loss of apitite,so I think that marinol would also be a maricle drug for people with MS who are getting the same sort of treatment that I get the med is called tysabri and it is very new in treating MS however it is also used for treating RA and CD and I think that marinol would Help those people in dealing with their treatmen sideffects and be benaficial in helping promote a better and healthier physical and mental Health.SO I am going to runn this information by my neurologist and see what he thinks.

Related Reading: zofran | reglan | tysabri

Comment from: jessica269, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: January 07

I have a Brain Tumor and this drug helps me with headache and nausea. It is very effective also reserch suggests that marijuana helps slow tumor growth in the brain so maybe it helps with that as well I have never been tested for results from the marinol but it could be helping.

Related Reading: Tumor | headache | marijuana

Comment from: TheBelle2, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 05

I began taking this drug for chronic pain, but discovered that it works WONDERS for hot flashes as well! It has helped with the depression that goes along with chronic pain! I have only been on it for a month, but the difference is already amazing!

Related Reading: hot flashes | depression