Marinol User Reviews

Marinol - User Reviews

Marinol User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Marinol sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 22

I AM USING THIS DRUG FOR SEVERE NAUSEA AND VOMITING RELATED TO GASTROPARESIS(I HAVE IDDM) I HAVE TRIED MULTIPLE ANTI EMETICS W/O EFFECT, THIS DRUG HAS DONE WONDERS FOR MY NAUSEA AND APPETITE. I AM ALSO AN RN AND HAVE SEEN IT USED IN THE HOSPITAL FOR AIDS RELATED ISSUES. I HAVE ADVOCATED FOR MYSELF TO GET THIS DRUG PRESCRIBED AND I THANK MY DOCTOR FOR LISTENING. I DO SOMETIMES GET LIGHTHEADED AND PARANOID BUT THE SX SEEM TO LESSEN THE LONGER I TAKE IT.

Related Reading: NAUSEA AND VOMITING | GASTROPARESIS

Comment from: will broman, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 29

I have very bad migraines and although it doesn't get rid of the headache in terms of throbbing it takes away the pain. And best of all it the high you get from the meds is feels close to pot which is key to dealing with these headaches. I live in CA and I am getting my medicinal pot card. but I'm using Marinol for now. the only gripe is that depending on the dosage, it takes at least 2.5 hours to kick in it gets absorbed through the liver so that is why it takes so long. It works great but it nothing compared to the real thing.

Related Reading: liver

Comment from: renalguy, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: April 17

This was used for a dialysis patient that was malnurished d/t loss of appetite. It was prescribed only after the usual appetite meds were exhausted. This drug literally gave the patient the "munchies" much like that described with marijuana. There were no side effects and was tolorated well. Pt had not problems discontinuing the drug after therapy completed.

Comment from: dreambig, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year Published: October 26

It has helped me extremely with anxiety knee pain and focus on my studies.I think it is a life saver in my case ,I have tried all anti depressants for fifteen years and the side effects are greater than the benefits.I thank the fda for not being narrow minded megolomaniacs when it comes to this medication/life saver for ptss.

Related Reading: knee pain

Comment from: Yuk Dis, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 29

Parkinson's patient living with the horrible pain that comes with muscle spasms, coordination freezes, rigidity, extremely painful tremor "attacks", etc. Marinol did absolutely nothing for my pain, akasthesia, or appetite. As a big fan of it's botanical source( I know Marinol is synthetic), I was very dissapointed. Nothing at all like ganja. Cannabis is an extremely effective pain releiver, mood lifter, appetite stimulant, and anti-spasmolytic. Marinol is none of these. I could see it being an effective sleep medication.

Comment from: 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 30

i am currently using this for the nausea caused by H I V drugs, this is far better than smoking pot, and beats phenergan hands down, it it wasn't for marinol, i would have been in the bathroom all day some days. If anyone is going through the nausea and loss of extreme weight loss of H I V meds, ask you doctor about marinol, dronabinol, its a godsend, and better for your lungs than smoking pot

Related Reading: smoking | phenergan

Comment from: tiredlady, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: September 02

My son took Marinol for 4 years. His brain did not give off hunger signals. It prolonged his life for many years just by getting back his appetite, He didn't feel high, unsteady or any crazy feelings although it did help his back pain, I am very grateful the Doctor prescribed it. Make sure to take it no more than 30 minutes before you eat. I think he may have gained a few pounds too. As a nurse, I was happy with the results; and it's a natural herb, not another drug to be processed by the liver.

Comment from: Scooter, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 08

I have Peripheral Nueropathy throughout my entire body. I have had it for 2 years now. I was prescribed Marinol and after 2 months it has decreased my pain and muscle spasms by 50 %! I would suggest it to anyone dealing with chronic pain!!

Cancer