Marplan User Reviews

Marplan - User Reviews

Marplan User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Marplan sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: growthofideas, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: June 26

Marplan is a life-saver. Is provides me confidence where my abilities warrant it. It lifts a veil of fear and confusion so I can think and comprehend more clearly. The bouts of debilitating deep terror are gone, I repeat GONE. I can travel with pleasure for the first time in my life. Finally, my depersonalization aspects are sharply improved. I never quite realized how disruptive they were until Marplan lifted them. I've taken it for a year. The stated side effects disappeared after about 8 weeks. I don't know what all the concern is about. I was on another MAOI that was good, but made me feel kind of ill and never had much positive effect on depersonalization. Prior to that I was on endless modern drug cocktails. It was like a "lost decade." Marplan is truly remarkable. Its effectiveness and ironic lack of side effects make the modern drugs seem crude in comparison, IMO. Furthermore, in the 7 years of taking an MAOI, I've never had a food or drug reaction. Just get it into your head that fresh and natural is the way to go. You'll be fine. The benefits of Marplan make it a no-brainer. EVERYone should be on an MAOI diet! I pray that they continue to manufacture it, or its back to hell for me.

Related Reading: Marplan

Comment from: Tigress, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 29

The medication works really well and I am so happy it has finally come back on to the market. The diet listed here, however is quite a bit stricter than you need to be. I also carry Procardia 10mg caps with me if I should get a reaction of headache and pounding in my ear letting me know my blood pressure has risen and I may be having an allergic reaction. Just 1 pill under the tongue and the reaction subsides in 5 minutes or less. But all in all even with the dietary restrictions, this medication has basically saved my life!

Related Reading: Procardia | headache

Comment from: Finn, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: December 04

My current treatment with Marplan is as low as 2 times 10 mg a day in the morning. Wonder if a larger dose will treat my mood going up and down at times. I have gained weight and I am sweating more than before. Is that a result of taking Marplan?

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: February 01

This drug was given to me at 40 mg per day before it lifted my depression, thought I had found the perfect answer to my depression, and then I became manic from it which I had never been before, got in lots of trouble which I went to jail for. Basically thought God was telling me to break the law (shoplift) since I was "special". I was high as a kite and delerious and didn't want the good feeling to end but it ended with me in prison. I also was anorexic from it, like a skeleton from never eating. I later learned I have hypothyroidism. Since getting that treated I have not had one day of debilitating depression. Marplan ruined my life, now I'm a convicted felon. I've never had any mania since stopping it. Taking Synthroid for hypothyroidism was all I needed apparently. Thanks Shrink and Marplan!

Related Reading: depression | hypothyroidism | Synthroid

Comment from: worriedmom, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: July 03

All the one stars relate to a single thing: this med, without insurance, costs $560 and change. My daughter has been on two other MAOI's without a change in her depression. I can't afford this drug (I've been unemployed for two years) and cannot tell you how hard it is to say 'no' to help for my girl (she's 19 and had to drop out of college because of her depression). Why do drug companies charge so much for 'life-saving' meds? I am so sad that I can't do this for my girl....