Maxalt User Reviews

Maxalt - User Reviews

Maxalt User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Maxalt sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: tuftsm, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: December 22

Finally a drug that gives relief from my migraines. Although I had to increase the dose to 10 mg, it works every time. Only rarely do I need to take a second pill after 2 hours. My migraines are 3-day affairs, so you can imagine the great relief - I have my life back!

Comment from: ru4real, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: November 02

i have the most severe form of migraine a person can have. I have tried every medicine possible. After 30 years of suffering, i found Maxalt. I take the 10 mg, that dissolves on the tongue. This is the ONLY drug that has EVER worked for me.

Related Reading: migraine | Maxalt

Comment from: savoie2007, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 26

Bad side effects. Dizziness; depression the next day; airy feeling in head; tired.

Related Reading: Dizziness | depression

Comment from: vt_yeti, 45-54 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: September 26

This drug is amazing. I suffer from classic migraines, so as soon as I get the aura, I drop the Maxalt and it allows me to function. In the past, no other drug has worked for me--I had to curl up in a ball in a dark, quiet bed until it was over. With Maxalt, I can keep going; not as effective at work as usual, since I get a little spacy, but I don't have to stop everything like before. I do get a kind of weird side effect--achey shoulders; it feels like I've been carrying a 50-lb. pack around for a couple of days. Now if only they could come up with something to stop the migraines entirely...

Comment from: VooDoo_Daddy, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: September 19

My neurologist tried me on a few different migraine medications and this one does the trick best as long as I catch it early enough. And the best thing is I can take a maxalt and keep working. No sleepy side effects for me. That is really great.

Comment from: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: October 09

I sometimes feel a bit tired the next day, but that's a small price to pay for the fast relief I get. this medication has been great for me.

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: August 16

I have suffered with migraines for about 20 years, doctors and I feel it's related to perimenopause, and now menopause. Need to take it fairly soon after migraine starts, and lie down in a quiet, darkened place, or at least lay my head down, for 15-20 minutes to work most effectively. If I wait too long, even Maxalt won't work for me, so I try to make very sure I carry it with me wherever I go. Usually, my migraines last 1-3 days, and I need two to four doses over those days to keep my migraine subdued. For those of us who have had migraines for years, you know what I mean--it's always there, even if far in the background, until you know it is finally gone. Then you feel like a miracle walking--until the next one. If I am at work, I need to stay pretty busy, or I will get tired from the Maxalt. It usually makes me feel groggy, so I have to watch it if I must drive, but the grogginess feeling is SOOOO much better than the pain and light/noise/touch sensitivity. Maxalt has worked the best for me of all the meds I've tried. Imitrex had some really awful side effects, and stopped working for me after a few years. Have used Maxalt, at a doctor's recommendation, for about 7 years now. No severe side effects that I can't live without. Am still waiting for menopause to end, and hope the migraines will, too.

Related Reading: menopause | Imitrex

Comment from: PMS, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 11

I had been suffering from incapacitating "sinus headaches" on the first day of my period for years. I was prescribed diuretics, muscle relaxers, barbituates, and have tried every over-the- counter medication available with no relief. I switched doctors and my new doctor said that my sinus headaches could be migrains. He prescribed Maxalt, and I have not had to suffer for more than about an hour every month, and I haven't had to miss work or anything else because of these headaches. Maxalt is a godsend for me. The medications gives me a weird feeling in my eyes and face, but it is definately preferable to the headache.

Related Reading: diuretics | headache

Living Better

Find the secrets to longer life.