Maxalt User Reviews

Maxalt - User Reviews

Maxalt User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Maxalt sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: tam32007@aim.com, 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: October 16

i get very bad migraines, more than 10 times a month. this drug was a God send. usually stopped them within 30min.

Comment from: 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 09

This is my first time using. Reduced symptoms by about 80- 90%. Felt very tired, but who cares when the migraine is nearly gone.

Comment from: joe, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: September 26

I went for 38 years with migraines, Maxalt MLT has changed my life!

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: September 22

This medication is great. It almost always gets rid of my migraines, usually within 20 minutes. I find it works better if I lay down and rest while it kicks in. I usually sleep for an hour or two, and wake up feeling no pain, but a little groggy.

Comment from: shellshelll, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 06

Well at first when i took it my face went numb an i thought that's what it was supposed to do so then i took it again an my legs went numb on me i fell down the steps an hurt my tail bone this Medication scares me So i think they should have to put a waring label on it an my Dr put me on it when she knew i had high blood pressure so no i don't like this Medication

Related Reading: high blood pressure

Comment from: inthesticks30, 25-34 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: March 16

Although expensive, if you can't handle taking Imitrex type drugs b/c of side effects this might actually help. I used to get 10 to 18 migranes a month, with Topomax I'm down to 8 or less depending on weather then the Maxalt gets rid of the headache painlessly without side effects and I can still go on with my day. After years of suffering and wondering which was worse the migrane or the Imitrex, I finally got something that helps and no side effects.

Comment from: evelazquez, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 06

I had tightness in my throat and numbness in my hands. Maxalt also made extremely tired afterwards. However, the headache always went away. I was just unable to function from the extreme sleepiness. Side effects got to be too much, so I stopped taking. I am looking forward to trying Relpax, which is said to have fewer side effects.

Related Reading: Relpax

Comment from: AVMAmber, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: May 20

I have been taking Maxalt for over a year and I have rarely had to take a second dose when I have a migraine. Maxalt usually kicks in 15-25 minutes after I take it. I put my tablet under my tounge...someone told me it works faster if you do it that way.

Comment from: N/A, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 24

My only concern is that taking this medicine makes me sleepy while I'm at work. Otherwise it seems to stop the headache in its track. My other concern is that I get a headache almost every day and you are not supposed to take more than 3 times a week. What do I do for the other 4 days?

Comment from: PNelson, 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: February 12

I have tried many other drugs, but none give the relief as quickly and fully as Maxhalt does. I have been using it for several years now and would not like to be without.

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: October 17

After years of pain this drug is a miracle. I take this right after a migraine hits and in moments the pain is gone. I highly recommend that you try this medication. With Maxalt I can take the medication without going down for hours while it works. Within fifteen minutes I'm back to normal.

Living Better

Find the secrets to longer life.