Mebaral User Reviews

Mebaral - User Reviews

Mebaral User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Mebaral sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: berness, 55-64 on Treatment for 10+ years Published: January 10

Other medications have been used but had side effect and did not control seizures. My sister-in-law has been on this drug for 32 years with excellent results.

Comment from: katahtude, 65-74 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: January 06

I have been taking this since 1980 with NO side effects and the seizures are controlled. Mebaral is the ONLY drug to control my difficult seizures, I tried so many other drugs with no help. I may die due to Lundbeck Pharmaceuticals discontinuing the drug. I am terrified. My friends who are in the Stock Market are dumping this company and companies dealing with them. They blocked Generic with clever statements and now this, not a reliable company. The medication was a gift of life for me, hopefully a good company will somehow obtain it and do something good, with a nice medication like this.

Related Reading: Mebaral

Comment from: 65-74 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: January 03

I am 72 and have found this drug is no longer available as well. i was a teacher and business owner and with out this drug I would not have been a functioning individual., i have been taking this drug favorably since 1958. now what!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment from: clyde46, 55-64 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: December 23

I also am turning 65 this year and found out that Medicare will not cover the cost. The other problem is that the company who manufactures it has a program to assist people with the cost and they also don't cover Mebaral. I have been on this medicine for 40 years and 40 years seizure free and am very upset. Maybe as a group we need to do something to change the status of this drug so it will be covered under insurance plans. We need this medicine for our seizures and yes it can be addictive but the alternative is something I do not want to experience again.

Related Reading: seizure

Comment from: tg, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: December 23

I have been taking this drug for 35 years with no problems. The only problem I have now is that I have turned 65 and medicare will not pay for the drug and there are no generics for it.

Comment from: thecommish2kzggfhs, 65-74 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: July 05

I am currently 65 years young and this drug was prescribed to me when I was I 12 years old and I have remained seizure free. I recently went on Medicare and they refuse to pay for it. I explained I must take it with two other drugs for it to be effective,

Comment from: rossman, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 10+ years Published: August 29

i have been on this drug mebaral for 32yrs now and been seizure free now i am having a very had time with the pharmacys telling me that this drug is not going to be made anymore now i have to go on phenobarb and not drivetill further notice if any one know if this drug is no longer being made please post

Comment from: thecommish2k, 65-74 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: March 28

I was allergic to Phenobarital alone and dilantin alone, so they gave me a " cocktail of Dilantin, Mebaral, and Mysoline and I have been seizure free for over 52 years.I turned 65 this year and Medicare refuses to pay for the drug and the cost is not counted toward the doughnut- hole. I must therefore pay $400.00 for a two month supply. My husband's Union cancelled my Prescription coverage when I turned 65, and they don't pay for most of meds as they are either Statins like Lipitor or nexium. I receive a very small Social Sdecurity check and have been denied coverage as I own my home.

Related Reading: dilantin | Mysoline | Statins

Comment from: Pm, 55-64 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: April 14

I have been on Mebaral for 47 year and have been seizure free for 17 years now am having a hard time getting it.

Comment from: gregler, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: October 24

According to all pharmacies they are taking this medicine off the market. I am working with my neurologist and he has recommended either Keppra, Vimpat or Lamictal. Can you provide input on these??

Related Reading: Keppra | Vimpat | Lamictal

Comment from: janronk, 65-74 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: June 23

have had seizures since i cannot get this medication.

Epilepsy

Find tips and treatments to control seizures.