Meclofenamate User Reviews

Meclofenamate - User Reviews

Meclofenamate User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Meclofenamate sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: November 30

I have debilitatingly painful, heavy periods that over the counter pain relievers do not relieve. It was so bad that I sometimes had to miss school/work because of the pain. I was first given birth contol, which did not work and my body did not react well to, so I was prescribed Meclofenamate about 6 years ago. Works like a charm- if I take it right away, I actually have pain-free periods. It even slows down flow and all that fun stuff. Amazing little pill.

Related Reading: Meclofenamate

Comment from: kandy, 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: November 04

i suffer from endometriosis and am not a good candidate for surgery, this medication is a god send i have used it for 5 years now. i also have arthritis and have used it for this pain with good results.

Related Reading: endometriosis | arthritis

Comment from: dennisn82, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: October 10

i took this for 17 years

Comment from: Jillinebinny, 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 11

I was perscribed this for heavy and painful periods. The first time I took it, a few days later I started to have severe side effects including pain when swallowing, pain in my stomach and overall extreem discomfort. When I called my doctors office about these side effects (because it says to contact your doctor immedialty) they told me it was just heart burn. I stopped taking the pills as soon as I started to get the side effects but I still had them for a week (durring my whole honeymoon, it ruined it). I couldn't eat without severe pain and had problems sleeping because of the pain. I will never take this medication again. I'd rather have the cramps than that pain.

Comment from: HippyWytch, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 02

I'm too scared to take this medication. I've read all there is to read about it and it still does not ease my anxiety about it. I still suffer painful and heavy periods, have been for about 8 years now. I desire relief but I can't get over my fear of this medication. I'm stuck between fear and a pill bottle. I really don't know what to do. I have discussed having a hysterectomy with my doctor. That seems to be the only end in sight here in my case.

Related Reading: anxiety

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: December 16

I use to almost hemmorage every month until put on this, when i started this I noticed a real difference. I had no side effects, only ALOT less bleeding, less cramps, and I had more of a life because I wasnt afraid to leave the house due to leakage accidents. I was normal again.