Megace ES User Reviews

Megace ES - User Reviews

Megace ES User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Megace ES sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Jim, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 15

I take 100mg of Topamax for migraine headaches. Topamax causes me not to eat. That is one of it's side effects. So they put me on Megace ES. I only take 20ml. I have been taking if for about 2 months. I eat 3 good meals a day. I have a good appetite. I have picked up to my natural weight and have stayed their.

Related Reading: Topamax | migraine | Megace ES

Comment from: lavish1, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 26

this medication has been very affective for me, i had kidney disease which caused me to lose a lot of weight, when i first started on megace a week and a half ago i was 98lbs and am now 110, so it works very well, a little miracle in a bottle...

Related Reading: megace

Comment from: corky, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: October 16

my 95 year old dad had stopped eating after major surgery and 3 weeks in the hospital. doctors had given up and placed him in hospice care. the family insisted on using megace to try to stimulate his appetite. within a week he was eating small portions several times a day and within three weeks he is eating at normal meals with the family! truly a miracle drug for our situation.

Related Reading: hospice

Comment from: jlynn, 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 22

I started Megace in August at 98lbs. Now in November at 118lbs! It works great, and I feel great. Weird side effect I got was no periods. I stopped for a month in September to make sure I wasnt pregnant, but then my period came so I resumed the meds, but sinse then, no period.

Comment from: PRETTYNPINK, 25-34 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: June 14

I WERE TAKING REGULAR MEGACE FORMULA TO GAIN WEIGHT N IT HELPED ALOT I WENT FROM 87LBS TO 110LBS IN A MONTH BUT I STILL REALLY DIDNT HAVE A GOOD APPETITE SO I CHANGED TO MEGACE ES N I CANT SAY HOW IT REALLY IS JUST YET. THE ONLY SIDE EFFECTS I HAD FROM MEGACE WERE GAS,IMPROVED APPETITE,AND NO PERIOD BUT I HONESTLY CAN SAY IT WORKS WHEN IT COMES TO GAIN WEIGHT. BUT YOU REALLY HAVE TO EAT RIGHT N EXERCISE BECAUSE I HAVE A REALLY BIG STOMACH WHICH LOOKS LIKE AM ABOUT 3/4 MONTHS PREGNANT WHEN I STARTED OFF WITH A SUPER FLAT STOMACH.

Comment from: moob, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 21

I had a lumpectomy for DCIS in Jan. No need for radiation or chemo but am on Tamoxifen for 5 yrs. Unreal hot flashes. Dr. put me on 20mg. of Megace and it has completely stopped the flashes during the day. However, since starting the Megace about a month ago, my fingernails have become paper thin and non-existent and my hands shake like I have a nervous disorder. Anybody else with these side effects?

Related Reading: hot flashes

Comment from: Pathfinder, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 15

This drug works wonders! If you are having any problems with adding weight or keeping it on, this drug is for you. The only drawback seems to be it interrupts sleep during the night.

Comment from: TheNCDoc, 65-74 Female Published: March 17

Due to depression and anxiety my wife lost from 120 lbs to 85 (35 pound loss). Started at 20 ml per day for a month then up to 40 ml per day. She gained 15 pounds within 6 weeks. However, after about 8 weeks it has lost it's effectiveness. As to cost mentioned by others, there is a generic that she takes and the cost is minimal.

Related Reading: depression | anxiety

Comment from: SPACE 1, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 01

I just started taking this medication due to my gall bladder being remove which cause weight loss. I have been taking it for about a week and I can feel the pounds coming on...not sure how much I have gained but my clothes are fitting a lot better now. Sure it cost but it is worth it if you want to get back that strong size 8. One more thing you will be eating up everything in site day and nite nite and day all thur the day ......

WebMD Daily

Get breaking medical news.