Megace ES User Reviews

Megace ES - User Reviews

Megace ES User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Megace ES sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: jeff, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 24

from 79 pounds to 101 pounds in 3 + months

Comment from: Soulcr8, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 14

I am a 37 yr. old Male on Megace as a result of extreme weight loss, associated with Squamous Cell Carcinoma. 3 surgery's later Total testicle reconstruction and a Skin Graph to Match.....I was @ 97 lbs. 6' tall. I have Been on Megace 40mg/10ml-1xday oral suspension and I now weigh 137lbs.( 90 day's) This drug is quite expensive however the cost is in no comparison to life! Side effect's are Frequent Urination, EXTREME Hunger!!! Some Restlessness at Night,and Some Agitation. These side effects are minor to me and worth the excellent weight gain. Megace,my Doc's and GOD saved my life!AMEN-

Published: September 16

I now eat constantly....I love it. I have gained 15 lbs in less than 2 weeks.

Comment from: JoGee, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: June 05

I am taking this medication to shrink an adnexal mass near my ovary. We aren't sure what it is however, possibly hydrsalpinx or endometrioma,I am feeling miserable so far. My CA125 is only 14. That is good news. I hope this works.

Comment from: falenmichael, 75 or over on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year Published: April 28

mother diagnosed wit divericulitis and blood clots but the megestrol has been a life saver,does she need to stop taking the megestrol? can it cause further blood clotting?

Related Reading: blood clots

Comment from: mommytomaddymylove, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 18

I am taking Megace to treat endometrial cancer. I have been on this medication for nearly three weeks now. I am not sure if the side effects are worth the slim chance of helping to cure my cancer. I have extreme agitation, extreme anxiety, inability to sleep at night, diarrhea, and increased appetite which has lead to weight gain since starting this medicine. I snap at everyone over EVERYTHING. I don't think this is going to work for me.

Related Reading: cancer | diarrhea

Comment from: LOVINGHUSBAND, 75 or over Female on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: February 01

THE COST OF THIS MEDICATION IS OBCENE!!!! $1365.00 FOR 10 OZ. NO WONDER OUR HEALTH CARE SYSTEM IS IN SUCH SHAMBLES. THERE SHOULD BE A LAW THAT REQUIRES PATIENTS BE ADVISED OF THE COST OF THIS MEDICATION WHEN PURCHASED. OLDER PEOPLE AND PEOPLE DESPERATE FOR HELP AND OVERLY STRESSED CARE TAKERS ARE TARGETS FOR RX COMPANY GREED. MY FATHER PICKED THIS MEDICATION UP AND PAID HIS 35 CO-PAY. THEN GOT HOME AND REALIZED IT COST HALF OF THE YEARLY MEDICARE ALLOWANCE. NOT THE DOCTOR OR THE HOME HEALTH CARE WORKER OR THE PHARMACIST INVOLVED EVER SAID A WORD ABOUT THE EXPENSE OF THIS MEDICATION AND IN WHEN CARETAKERS ARE VULNERABLE THE VULTURES OF GREED SWOOP IN. SHAME ON YOU RX COMPANIES!!!

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 21

Have been taking this higher dose liquid for about a month (before I was on pills). I liked the pills better due to nasty liquid taste and mess. Don't need this drug to make me eat - I'm fat enough from steroids and such all my life. Doc seems to think this might be a good plan for my kind of recurrent Stage 4 Endometrial cancer, and I'm willing to try. The gas it causes, though, is horrible. LOL. Wish there was a non-liquid version in this high dose, but then I might have to take twice as many pills and that's worse.

Comment from: Jerry, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 08

I have metastatic colon cancer. Magace has indeed increased my appetite and my weight has held steady since starting its use. In fact, I started with 1tsp. Had it increased to 2 tsp/day. Did not really increase my appetite, but boy did it increase my gas. Had a date last night and had to hold it for 5 hours! Not sure the extra is all worth it. Think I will go back to 1 tsp and live with that.

Related Reading: colon cancer

WebMD Daily

Get breaking medical news.