Megace User Reviews

Megace - User Reviews

Megace User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Megace sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Jackie, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: March 10

My 87 yo mother was put on Megace for appetite stimulation following a stroke.Be fore going on this, she was able to talk and carry on a conversation, one week post stroke.After three days on this,she had mood swings,seemed unable to talk, and these symptoms increased,she was on it for 3 weeks until I insisted it be stopped.She also was nauseous and barely able to hold up her head.I feel she had another stroke while on this medication and it was undetected by the rehab facility,as she has never regained the level she was at before taking this.

Related Reading: Megace | stroke

Comment from: PoseyChild, 55-64 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: April 22

This drug saved my life! I was losing weight due to cancer. I had dropped 72 pounds over the course of 5 weeks. My onocologist suggested this drug and it has reversed the appetite loss; I'm now gaining weight and my strength.

Related Reading: cancer

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 15

Gained a lot of weight , which dint' bother me but i think i ate so much i put my body into shock. I had the shakes for days. Stoped using megace after about 3 weeks,,,,gained 15 pounds and very content with that

Related Reading: shock

Comment from: dbat, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year Published: January 20

I was given this drug because of heavy bleeding w/periods because of fibroids. I had recent heart attack and was placed on ASA/Plavix. Am 48yrs old had only had bleeding/anemia as a symptom. Uterus was 10 wk size, put on Megace daily about 5 weeks after my last period and didn't have a period until 3 wks later. It was a lighter period that lasted 4 wks. I had a week off and started with bleeding small amounts daily. Normal endo Bx and Fibroids have grown 2cm which I now feel abdominal pressure/bloating. Which is new for me. I am sure it is related to Megace. My Gyno now recomends a hysterectomy because of the continued bleeding. I just went off it hoping that my periods will return regularly however the more I read the more I'm really uncertain. I absolutely would not have gone on the Megace knowing what I know now. I would have dealt with the incovnience of a heavy bleeding for 1-2 days versus the hormonal stuff.

Related Reading: heart attack | Plavix | anemia

Comment from: tjonesey66, on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 09

The only bad thing I can say about Megace is the side effects for me were not great. It caused weight gain, but I was told it should go away after my surgery to correct my condition. But it did stop my problem of having extreme bleeding with my endometriosis.

Related Reading: endometriosis

Comment from: JoGee, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 20

I am 51 and had a hysterectomy 20 years ago. I am taking Megace to shrink what three gyno's think may be a tumor, hydrosalpinx or endometriosis. My blood pressure shot up to 162/102. I was at my family doctor and he put me on BP meds. He says it is because of this medicine. I am very fit, but a little frightened of this drug. Any help?

Related Reading: tumor

Comment from: Adaljisa, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 05

The reason for taking this medication was to simply "gain weight". All my life I have been very thin and have tried many products but this actually worked in such a short time frame. However, the draw back is that I have been off this medication for some time now and unable to get pregnant. I have discussed this with my gyn and this was one of the causes to the situation. So, if there is anyone outthere who simply wants to put weight on, ask questions.

Comment from: Soulcrate, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 03

37yrs.5 Children,UN-Employed,Survivor Squamous Cell Carcinoma(Cancer). 3rd Surgery,Tumor/Lesion removal (full) Testicular Re-construction,Skin Graph.I went from 165 lbs/6 ft. to 97 lbs. been on Megace for 1 month @120mg/1time daily(oral sus). I have Gained 20 lbs. 0 side effects, except for i cannot stop eating,and that's just fine W/me! a good support group, and a great attitude combined with the Doc's Genius/Med's,and Above all the Power of Prayer. living long and healthy IS POSSIBLE!!!Stay Active,Read Jokes,Make urself get up and around! Fight,Fight,Fight! God Bless You All.

WebMD Daily

Get breaking medical news.