Megace User Reviews

Megace - User Reviews

Megace User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Megace sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 01

this drug caused me to develope blood clots

Related Reading: blood clots

Comment from: Heatherrrrr, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 10

My oncologist gave this to me for complex atypical endometrial hyperplasia (detected early), however, they could not rule out cancer when they first found it. When I had my D&C I was taking this for about 2 weeks. I am on a low dose, 80mg/day. My pathology results after my D&C WAS VASTLY IMPROVED (and no cancer!) and I feel the Megace has something to do with that. As for side effects I haven't had a pimple for almost 2 months now, my hair doesn't get greasy anymore (that's strange maybe but it's true), I get a cramp every few days, and sex is totally NOT interesting. Appetite is still normal, though. I strongly suggest taking this medicine despite the side effects!!!

Comment from: sep4leaf, 25-34 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: November 06

I have been off this for 10 years. After the birth of my son I cannot lose weight and have a thyroid condition. I beleive the megace ruined my metabolism.

Comment from: Soulcr8, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 18

Only the first week,however incredable appitite Android that's what I need! My 65lbs. Back. My 3rd rodeo with squomous cell carcinoma.fight,fight,fight!

Comment from: grneyes, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 28

I have been on this med twice and each time i start it,I get a green discharge.Has anybody else experienced this,and mood swings.I was put on it for pre-endometrial cancer.So far it has worked.

Comment from: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 15

I started taking this because I lost a signficant amount of weight being HIV. I gained 25 lbs in 4 months. It definitely puts fat and weight on you, which is fantastic. POS - made my face look fuller (no more sunken in cheeks), gained overall weight to entire body NEG - i gained alot of weight in my stomach area, which was not appealing. I had now developed a gut, which a problem for me. If you aren't body conscience or care about having a stomach/big gut, its a great product. I have to get rid of the stomach that it gave me. Before I was 127 and now I am 154. That part has made me elated. Now that I have gained the weight I needed, I am going off the product. I am taking a weight gain product and start exercising. My appetite is stimulated now, so I feel confident I can stop taking this product and with a strong work out program and the weight gain products, I will be able to maintain. The good news now is that I won't have this stomach. But overrall, if you have lost a signficant or alot of weight, your cheeks look sunken in, or overrall you just look frail due to HIV, I would highly recomment this product.

Comment from: sherre, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 30

Lost a lot of weight;had no appetite got down to83 pounds.doc put me on this med. So far so good. Ive been gaining weight. I crave lots of pasta and I can eat more then 2 bites and. Not get full.I would love to gain at least 20 pounds.

Comment from: Phyl, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: July 02

I am 47 and always maintained a weight of 105. When I had an appetite loss and dropped to 98lb I was devastated. My doctor put me on megace so I could gain some weight and it worked. I am so pleased to now weigh 125. I am a diabetic for 31 yrs. My side affects have been hair lose, vaginal itch, increased blood pressure and high blood sugar. Overall I am so satisfied with the weight gain that I deal with the side affects. I only take 1 to 2 dose a week to cut down on the side affects and that is enough to still give me an appetite to eat. Without it I have no appetite and have to force myself to eat just to compensate my insulin intake

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 29

I was 112 pds when my doctor prescribed megace to me. i have always wanted to be 145 but was unable to gain weight on my own due to hiv. i have always very skinny and puny looking. after drinking megace for 2 weeks i had already gained 35 pds. i was so exstatic tht something had finally worked i didnt realize unhealthy it was. my heart rate increased and it a long time 4 it to get back normal. my stomach was huge... i looked like i was pregnant. my face swelled on one side and a had a double chin. i also bled for about 2 mths and had blood clots. this product almost cost me my life and i wish i never had taken. i am self concious now. i would do anything to go back tht i was. my metabolism has changed and i gain weight fast and i lose it fast. this medicine ruined my life and it should be banned. any1 looking to gain weight try doing it the healthy way unless you dont care about looking big & sloppy.

WebMD Daily

Get breaking medical news.