Meprobamate User Reviews

Meprobamate - User Reviews

Meprobamate User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Meprobamate sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: January 02

Have used for aprox. 15 years, now I understand that there is a supply problem. How many people have to go cold turkey because of a mfg. problem? Miltown,....... what's your problem!!!

Comment from: tess, 55-64 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: November 07

I was just informed that this medication was discontinued by the manufacturer. Is this true?

Comment from: CarolWD, 45-54 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: April 28

This medication is hard to find and may be pulled from the market soon, I find this extremely upsetting! I started taking it after several other meds failed to shut my mind down so I could rest at night, this med saved my life and sanity..no one wants me to stay on it and I'm so scared that I will become suicidal again. It's been 11 years and I feel safe because this med shuts down my mind at night so I can rest and I have zero side effects. I've tried to remove myself from this medication and my mind went right back to the racing thoughts and lack of sleep, I hate that my mental health will be sacrificed for the benzos which I cannot take without anger issues. What do I do? I gripe at family members for being addicted but this is different this medication allows me to be the me I always knew I could be and the alternatives don't work, please give it some thought before removing this medication.

Related Reading: sleep | mental health

Comment from: moekub, 55-64 on Treatment for 10+ years Published: January 21

I have been taking this medication for thirty years with no side effects. My doctor didn't want to prescribe it because it was "TOO ADDICTING" Apparently she had never experienced constant panic attacks and did not realize how effective this drug is. She tried a number of others such as Zanax, Valium, Paxil etc. but they made me feel awful-to the point I developed agoraphobia and would not leave my house. Fortunately, she sent me to a great psychiatrist who would continue to prescribe the meprobamate. I am back to normal but have the same complaint as others. It is becoming difficult to find and very expensive as well. I don't understand why something that works should be so hard to find. The pharmaceutical industry is trying to force newer drugs on us that do not work. I'm sure almost all medicines in this category are addicting so why stop producing one that works? I don't know what will happen if I can no longer find it- nothing else has worked for my panic disorder.

Related Reading: panic attacks | Valium | Paxil

Comment from: levittowner2, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 09

Meprobamate helped me tremendously because I had insomnia, anxiety and tension headaches. It cured all of them, and in one pill. I brought it up to my Clinician and he exclaimed, "I totally forgot about that one!" The pharmaceutical companies continuously come up with new "better" drugs but they leave something like Meprobamate in the old world. It works, but use caution when on it... and you CANNOT drink. I'd started with barbituates, moved to benzodiazepams and this is by far the best.

Related Reading: Meprobamate | insomnia | anxiety

Comment from: Veronika, 65-74 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: November 01

I have been on this medication for 45 years and now I am having a hard time getting it. What is the sudden supply problem? Also it is not covered by any drug plans any longer. Why is that? Is this medication so dangerous that it is being withdrawn from the public? If it is so dangerous, why have I been able to take it, without side effects, for so many years? Does anybody have any answers?

Comment from: Bill B., 55-64 Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: June 17

I have taken this drug for many years with no side effects. Very good drug especially with long term use. I take the pill and within 20-30 minutes I feel very calm without making me tired. I can drive and work without any problem. I have read some of the reviews on this site and some has said this drug maybe taking off the Market, I have not had a problem getting the drug. The mfg. of my memprobamate is Watson Pharma. If you are having trouble finding it ask your Drug store to try Watson. hope this helps.

Comment from: zoesmommy10, 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 21

I've had anxiety for years (PTSD) and I just got prescribed this med a month ago. It is by far the best working antianxiety drug I have ever taken. It kills all of my anxity within a half hour, and has enabled me to leave the house and actually go into stores AND buy things, stuff I would of never of done before I took this. I have no side effects from it which is nice. One of the reasons I was prescribed this drug is because I am a recovering addict, so traditional benzos are out of the question. Because of that I did not think it was too addictive...who knows. It doesn't matter because I've finally found something that works well and quick even though I am on a baby-sized dose. Hard to find definitely, which sucks but at least my insurance covered it with a PA. All in all, good experience so far..