Meprobamate User Reviews

Meprobamate - User Reviews

Meprobamate User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Meprobamate sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Coco, 25-34 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: September 13

Was prescribed this medicine for frequent earaches from TMJ/clinching jaw from my ENT dr. Used it regularly in the beginnning, but was also advised to stop chewwing gum (which I picked up when I stopped smoking). Well, I cut back on the meds until taking it so infrequently because when I stopped chewwing gum- it made the biggest difference. I have found that I can take this medicine when i have bouts with insomnia (which i deal with since I take ADHD meds too). It does help to shut my brain down to ease into resting, so i'll finish this prescription. (but I have no refills)

Related Reading: smoking | ADHD

Comment from: waterslide, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: August 22

This is an old drug that was given to me 20 years ago for pain/insomnia. I just started back on it about 9 months ago. It is the best!!! It helps me sleep and also takes anxiety/depression away. I have several Painful illnesses that make sleeping tough and I also get anxious/down when I can't do what I want to do physically. My Pharmacy has to special order it. They can get it from Watson Lab. in Corona CA. I take one 400 mg in the afternoon and two 400 mg before bed. But be very careful with alcohol... it really makes you sleepy! Best not to drink anything while on this med.

Related Reading: depression

Comment from: ?, 35-44 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: March 14

I use meprobamate--as did my mother before me--as strictly an anti-depressant. It works when all other drugs have failed.