Meridia User Reviews

Meridia - User Reviews

Meridia User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Meridia sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 19

i love this medication i lost 26 lbs the first month and continued to loose since very little side affects a bit of nausia in the first month didnt last long would recomend to anyone having trouble loosing weight

Comment from: fireman2008, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 10

Lost 3 ponds during my first week, this rx makes my brain think that I'm satisfied throughout the day. I can say that I'm eating around 1000 cals a day and feeling great. Price is high $138 no insurance won't cover, however I now found out that you can download a coupon from meridia web site $25 off. Good rx.

Related Reading: meridia

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 07

Look folks, you are not going to eat french fries, take a pill and lose your weight. Once you accept responsibility for your lifestyle and step up to change your overall health, you will be responsible enough to take this medication.(This does not apply to folks who have legitimate medical problems that have lead to being overweight.) I hit a major plateau a while back and asked for Meridia. It has been an amazing jumpstart to my workout and helps me with meal portions. The first three weeks I took it, I found it difficult to eat anything greasy and was a teeny bit nauseous which I rarely noticed. The pill decreased my appetite, made me feel full, actually made me happier for some weird reason and is incredibly effective when used in concert with diet and exercise. Now look, I'm human so I do eat crud from time to time but I've tried diet and exercise without this pill and found a marked difference in the results. When I get the munchies, I take a pill and they vanish. Let me put it this way, I was a size 18 and now am a size 12 and fit into some 10s. This pill is used to compliment diet and exercise not substitute for it. It runs me $100.00 per month because insurance companies rarely cover the cost. It's worth it. Consult your doctor, take the pill, improve your eating habits and get some exercise per your doctor's instructions and it should work for you as well. Remember, you didn't gain 100 pounds in 3 months, so you're not going to lose it all in two. Slow and steady is the way to go provided your doctor concurs. Good luck and congrats on making a positive step in improving your health.

Comment from: Slimmer, 35-44 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: November 20

I was approx 30 pounds overweight before using Meridia. I tried reducing my intake and increasing activity which just kept me from gaining more but not losing any. I started the prescription with the same amount of diet and exercise in April. Within 5 months I had lost 27 lbs. My weight loss seems to have hit a plateau since and I have maintained the same weight for the last 2 months. I am very happy with the results. Meridia gave me the edge I needed to get the extra pounds off.

Comment from: Sophia, 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 24

I started taking this medication about two months ago; I wasn't obese, just slightly overweight and lost 15 pounds in the first month. This was awesome. But I also started experiencing chest pains, which got increasing worse. Yesterday night I was sent to the ER where they performed several test. They are still in the process of finding what and where the problem is. I am no longer allowed to take Meridia. And I still have severe chest pain. But if I didn't experience any serious side effects, I would have tried to up the dosage to lose the remaining 10 pounds to be 125. I'm not writing this to put down the medicine or tell people not to use it, I just want to warn people that if you have experiencing any serious side effect, YOU SHOULD GO TO YOUR DOCTOR IMMEDIATELY.

Related Reading: chest pain

Comment from: on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 24

I ONLY TOOK MERIDIA FOR 2 MONTHS. MY INSURANCE DIDN'T COVER IT SO OUT OF POCKET EXPENSE WAS ALOT BUT WELL WORTH IT. NOT ONLY DO YOU HAVE TO DIET BUT EXERCISE IS THE KEY. I LOST 50 LBS OVER 7 MONTHS AND HAVE KEPT THE WEIGHT OFF FOR 2 YEARS. DIET ALONE WON'T WORK.

Comment from: peekaboo, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 20

Taking this drug has helped me lose 12 pounds in 3 weeks. I hope to keep losing. No side effects.

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 10

This was Great... Iam 50 years old and have difficulty losing weight the older I get. I was able to loose 27lbs so far and will take it for another month. (three monts total) Other than the cost.... No complaints!

Comment from: lagalh, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 13

I have been on this med for about 2 months and have lost 19 lbs. I have had very little side effects if any. I do not feel jittery or nauseous like most diet meds cause you to feel. I still get hungry but it only takes half of the portion size to satisfy me and it has helped to eliminate my cravings for fast food and nightime snacks. I still want to loose another 25-30 lbs so I just pray that this drug keeps working and that I can continue my good eating habits when I quit taking it.