Merrem I.V. User Reviews

Merrem I.V. - User Reviews

Merrem I.V. User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Merrem I.V. sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: wildheart, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: November 25

I have been in the hospital for 6 days and it was finally determined what is wrong with me and hopefully what combination of drugs will make me well. I receive Merrem IV every 6 hours and already I am starting to feel better. Up untill now, nothing was working.

Related Reading: Merrem IV

Comment from: chick, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: October 31

This drug was administered with a mid line PICC line so the 98 year old patient (who is fully self sufficient) could remain home during treatment. The Meropenem was mixed from powder form with 20 ml sterile water every 12 hours. It was difficult for the patient to do all the steps before injecting into the iv line because of redulced vision, however as the caregiver, it was workable. Patient showed remarkable improvement in 36 hours. as treatment is ongoing.... 10 days 2 times a day, we have no report on full effectiveness yet.

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: October 18

My son was on Merrem for two days and his toes started to have pain. Was on for a total of 10 days and pain increased. His infection cleared up and after his surgeon researched the secondary pain in his feet, he told us that he found out that that 5 cases have been reported having fibromyalgia as a side effect. I guess because it was such a extremely low # of cases reported, it is not general knowledge on ANY web search we could find. We are hoping now that he is off antibiotic, the symptoms will resolve itself. We are happy that the infection cleared up, however a little disappointed that the HH Nurse, Pharmacy and Dr's could not find this side effect info easier.

Related Reading: fibromyalgia

Comment from: on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: April 14

My daughter is on Merrem. We have been doing quite well on this medication. It is easy to mix and administer. My only complaint is that it is SO expensive! Luckily, we have good health care coverage!

Comment from: MIITALIAMA, 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 05

I AM ALLERGIC TO MOST ANTIBIOTICS. THIS NEW ANTIBIOTIC IV WAS GIVEN IN THE HOSPITAL BEFORE AND AFTER SURGERY. WOULD LIKE TO FIND A PILL FORM OF THE SAME SO IF I NEED IT ,I CAN RECOMMEND IT TO THE DR. WHAT SIDE EFFECTS ?