Mestinon User Reviews

Mestinon - User Reviews

Mestinon User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Mestinon sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: karin40, 65-74 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: January 04

Female 69 was treated for Lupus for 12 yrs and then was told I didn't have that. Dr. checked for MG and results were Pos. Have been on Mestinon about 6-8 mos. Dr. said only problems of MG should be weakness in large muscles, facial problems and lung probs. I have been having severe diarrheal, stomach cramps, very tired, pains in legs, etc. I am so glad I found this site because I have other problems so now I can isolate some of them to this drug. Dr. wants to put me on cancer meds. Not sure what to do next. email kksalsbury@yahoo.com

Related Reading: Lupus | cancer

Comment from: molly, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: August 31

I have been taking Mestinon for about 1 year, it did improve my double vision almost immediately,but nothing else, I am weak, have explosive diarrhea, muscle cramps in hands, feet, legs, stomache. Have tried taking 1/2 tablet every three hrs. Nothing seems to make a difference. Also have had 3 rounds of IVIG, take Cellcept, Predisone. Have been hospitalized in crisis. Really getting very depressed.

Related Reading: Cellcept

Comment from: QueenB978, 19-24 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: August 03

I was diagnosed with Myasthenia Gravis a week after my 18th birthday. I am on a regular 90 mg mestinon and also timespan(180mg).Without my mestinon I would not be able to speak,swallow, or even move. This drug has made me able to be 90% normal again. Although with my condition I do find myself taking it quite often, its the best drug out there.

Comment from: gtheron, 55-64 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: March 09

It puts me on a high for a few hours, and then the symptoms are even worse. I have cramps in my feet and stomach

Comment from: petriman, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: November 10

For me having generalized MG, I take 180mg every 3 hours and sometimes I take 120mg with timespan which is very effective.

Comment from: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 18

The side effects are worse than MG. I feel horrible, stomach hurts, muscles hurt, I feel like I cant move all the time, and I sleep constantly. This treatment is horrible.

Comment from: ladyere, 65-74 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: May 02

still having problems w/dizziness and headaches.

Related Reading: dizziness

Comment from: impulse129, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: August 16

I was diagnosed with generalized MG in 04/2005 - had thymectomy due to malignant tumor on thymus gland - after surgery, mestinon was like a miracle drug for me, except for the excess saliva and stomach problems. I went into remission for 2.5 years only taking 7.5mg of prednisone, then I quit taking it and all MG symptoms returned April 2008. I had a good run.. since then, they have not been able to get MG under control again. I tried mestinon again, and it made me feel worse and I had double vision. A year later, I'm trying it again out of desperation to see if it helps again. If anyone wants to email w/me re: MG I would love to hear from you. ljames0195@cox.net

Related Reading: tumor

Comment from: BOBBIE, 25-34 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: May 15

I have all the symptoms of MG, drooping eyelids, double vision, difficulty swallowing, eye weakness. Had every test in the world for MG some positive some not. I took mestinon 3 years ago with little improvement. We decided to do eye surgery instead and now I am right back where I started. Started mestinon again, eyes are a little better but not sure if the side effects are worth it. MUSCLE WEAKNESS & CRAMPS, FATIGUE. DO U HURT AND SEE BETTER OR NOT TAKE IT AND DEAL WITH THE VISION PROBLEMS?