Metadate CD User Reviews

Metadate CD - User Reviews

Metadate CD User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Metadate CD sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: justamom_2, 3-6 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year Published: September 27

My daughter takes this medication. Easy to use, effective, minimal side affects - and occured when first starting treatment. She now able to focus clearly in school, pay attention, and seems happier and more adjusted to kids her age.

Published: November 09

My son was diagnosed in the first grade, we had tried several different medications b/4 this one. What a difference this medication made - its been great - no side effects etc. He continues on the medication and is now in 11th grade!

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year Published: April 12

My son is now 6yrs old and Metadate is the second medication we have tried. Of the two, this one works best. He has some irritability in the morning b4 it has time to start working and some in the evening when it is wearing off, but as long as he is functioning well at school with no problems, we can deal at home. He is in kindergarten and his teacher says he functions like a child without ADHD. One thing we have noticed is that he has to eat regularly or he is more irritable. Protein is a key player in his diet.

Related Reading: Metadate | ADHD

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: September 21

in the beginning which my 4 year old child has been on for a little over a month was very effective but i see some mood changes in the morning before the medicine is given the last few days he acts out alittle in the morning like he has before i opted to put him on medicine

Comment from: OBLIVIOUSavior, 13-18 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 25

i've had add since first grade, and... it pretty much sucks to try and concentrate on one thing for too long. like, my mind wanders so much, right? i take 30 mg of metadate and i can just... go. y'know? like, it's amazing. i've gotten all sorts of medicine thrown at me, ritalin, aderal, concerta... none of it's worked as well as metadate cd has. great stuff.

Related Reading: ritalin | concerta

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: January 02

My 8 year old son has been taking this medication for over a year and we are very pleased with the results. For the first couple months he would become very agitated/moody in the evenings, but we stuck with it (like the doctor told us to), and are very glad we did. He no longer experiences these nightly mood swings and is doing excellent in school - one of the top students in his class. My only complaint is that it seems to wear off by about 3:30 pm; however, it lasts through the school day, which is where he needs it the most. The plus side, he usually eats a really good dinner.

Comment from: zaknjakmom, 7-12 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: November 17

My son (8yrs) has been on this medication for almost a year now. He started at 10mg and has now moved up to 30mg over the past year. He came to his father today and told him that he sees ghosts and has shadows follow him at school. He said that they talk to him. I will be taking him to the doctors first thing. He has also had upset stomach and at times becomes overly angry. It started out working great but he quickly developed a tolerance and I don't know what to do. I didn't even know what to say to him other than we will see the doctor in the morning.

Comment from: wlmead, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: December 08

My 7 year old daughter was diagnosed about a month ago with ADHD and has been on this drug it has been very effectful she is getting her work done in class and is able to pay attention to what is going on. She also is very easy to handle in the evenings once she gets home.

Comment from: 3-6 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: October 02

The first 2 days on this medication, my son was fine although he did get very tired in the evening. After that he started becoming very angry and thought that everyone believed him to be a liar. He never exhibited this behavior befor this drug. The final straw came with a call from his 1st grade teacher saying that he was so angry he banged his head on the concrete repeatedly. Needless to say, he will no longer be taking Metadate!!!

Comment from: Joan, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 08

Iam a 49year old female and have struggled with ADHD as long as I can remember. Of course when I was a child I was just labled as never paying attention in class or low grades D/T not trying. On my own I found ways to compensate. But now since I started Metadate CD I actually feel like a new person! Life has opened up for me and I can accomplish so much more in one day than I ususlly would in a month! It is never to late. I take (2) 20mg in the morning.