Metadate CD User Reviews

Metadate CD - User Reviews

Metadate CD User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Metadate CD sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: patrick17109, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 13

i have been on at least 8 other drugs for my adhd and none of them have ever done to me what this one has i would get flashes of rage followed by a feeling of being lost i have just terminated use of this drug just after a week and i would never ever try this again yes it worked for the attention span but the side effects made completing tasks almost impossable.upset stomach all the time fits of rage and simply feeling like you are loseing your mind is what i was dealing with on this. if you are going to take this drug be very careful the first 2 days were perfect no problems then the side effects started to show

Comment from: 3-6 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: March 18

My son was diagnosed with ADHD when he was five years old. We went through several medications before starting Metadate a few months ago. We started on 20 mgs and he has increased his ability to concentrate at school and his behavior has greatly improved. However, as soon as he gets home he is a different child. He is incredibly irritable and often displays signs of depression. He cries often and very easily, which is outside of his normal happy, playful, loving behavior. He complains of headaches almost everyday. I am very happy with his great improvements at school however I miss my son. He has not been himself sinse starting this medicine. He doesn't eat well or sleep much at night however he complains of being tired all of the time. I called the Dr. today and got his dose cut in half so we'll see what happens.

Related Reading: depression | sleep

Comment from: golfjrk, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: January 21

My 7 year old son and I have both been diagnosed with ADHD. I took the drug with little positive results. I would "crash" hard in the early evening with a total lack of energy and a bad temper. The drug made me "zombie like" during the day and very irritable during the night. We treat our son with the same drug, coupled with psychological treatment through counseling and have seen a tremendous positive change in his behavior both in the home and at school. He does have to take a low dose anti-depressant which has helped with the nighttime "crashes". The medication has given us back our son after therapy alone proved useless. We didn't tell his 1st grade teacher he was using it at first, just to make sure he really was getting a positive effect instead of a parents bias. Our son doesn't seem to have the same "zombie" effect that I did.

Published: October 26

When taking this drug I experience terrible mood swings as it starts to wear off. Concentration is even harder during that time. I become irritable and sometimes sleepy while taking this medication.

Comment from: Bill44, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: March 19

Our 11 year old son uses this medicine with good results. He has had to have it increased over the years. We do sprinkle it over applesauce or yogurt with good results

Comment from: how did your child take it, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: March 05

My son is getting ready to start this medication. But he cannot swallow a pill I was told we could sprinkle it over his food anyone else had this problem?

Comment from: 7-12 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: December 07

my son has done wonderful on this drug( mom typing of course)

Comment from: Uniqueness82, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: November 16

I started my son on this med on oct 18th, I noticed a difference in him the first day! I found that my son is getting bad stomach pains and he crashes really hard in the evenings, very irritable and agry, my doctor told me to stick it out for a couple weeks and the pain would subside, she was right, and he doesnt crash as hard in the evenings anymore, Im glad I gave it a try instead of getting freaked and stopping so shortly into it. At first my son starting saying he was a bad person and got more depressed, but the symptoms have eased and are almost not there anymore, he can focuse in school and no more referrals to the principle, and he has his friends back as well, I know that we will have to increase his meds over time and possibly add another med to the mix. For now he is doing really well minus the come downs and it has made a good difference for him and our family.

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 15

It has worked great but I have been super irratable in the evenings. I take 40mg in the morning and by 5 pm I feel a little groggy and grouchy. But it has been so long since I have been able to concentrate and be productive during the day. This frug has enabled me to accomplish my goals.