Metadate CD User Reviews

Metadate CD - User Reviews

Metadate CD User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Metadate CD sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 7-12 on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: December 18

My granddaughter is doing so much better. Her doctor never thought she would be able to mainstream at school, but she has & is getting good grades. Her behavior has improved tremendously.

Comment from: LJS, 35-44 on Treatment for 5-10 years Published: November 13

MY SON IS DEAF AND WAS DIAGNOSED W/ADHD MANY YEARS AGO.HE, LIKE SO MANY OTHERS, HAS TRIED MANY DIFFERENT DRUGS AND THIS HELPS HIM THE MOST.THERE IS SOME MOODYNESS AND IRRATABLILITY, BUT NOTHING THAT WE CANT HANDLE.WITH ALL OF THE CHALLENGES HE HAS TO FACE, THIS MEDICINE HAS BEEN WONDERFUL.

Comment from: Mom who cares, 3-6 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: July 20

My 5 year old started taking it 3 months ago. The drug was a God send at first, after his first drug caused him to act out violently. We were up to 20 mg. I went to refill it and everything went to hell. His first pill sent him on a violent tantrum at school. Throwing chairs at his friends and teachers and physically going after them kicking and screaming. He has never missed a pill. I even called the pharmacy to make sure the manufacturer was the same and nothing had changed. To me it looked like there was a lot more medicine in the capsule then the pryor month. I give him the capsule every morning in his applesauce. I don't know what changed or why, but I finanlly had to stop the medicine this week. He would cry and tell us he hated this world. I feel like there is definately something wrong with this medicine and I don't know if the FDA can look into it. I don't think I am imagining more medicine in those pills then last time. I just know, I want my happy child back.

Comment from: misi, 25-34 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year Published: April 27

We decided it was time to do something when my 5 year old was kicked out of school twice in the first two weeks of kindergarten. His doctor started him on 20 mg and we noticed a difference the first day. before he started on meds he couldnt write his name, count past 5, or say his abc's. within two days of meds he could write his full name, count to ten and could knew almost the whole alphabet. He has mood swings once in a while and bedtime is a mess but all in all this med. has done wonders, we didnt even have to go through any trial and error this medication has been really good for him. we have only had to up the dose once in the last 9 months and that was last month. Dealing with the rare mood swings and bedtime problems is a small price to pay for the happiness and well being of my child.

Comment from: wpanther87, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: January 30

My son has been on Metadate CD for 6 months now and has had to have his dose increasedd three times so far. It doesn't seem to work after 2:00 pm. Each time he builds up a tollerance for the medication his symptoms return and his dose has to be increased. I am over all not satisfied with this medication. My daughter has been on this medication for 3 months now with similar results. I'm not sure why it's not working for them.

Comment from: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: May 20

I have had ADD since 2nd grade. This drug has been a god send since I switched from Ritalin. I think it does a good job of evening the side effects and I do not get over stimulated. I have had to up my dosage a few times just because I am building a tolerance. Overall I am very satisfied.