Methergine User Reviews

Methergine - User Reviews

Methergine User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Methergine sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: VM, 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 21

Given after an abortion. Has given me painful cramps each time that I have to take ibuprofen with which seems like it would negate the effects. I was told this medicine would both help with the uterus to control bleeding and the cervix to close back up so it seems like I need it but it's not a nice medicine to take.

Related Reading: ibuprofen

Comment from: ruth, 45-54 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: June 10

I have been on this medication since 1988 to treat migraine. It was very effective for me and although as I get older I do not need to take it as often, it was a lifesaver for me. I took it daily for many years.

Related Reading: migraine

Comment from: lisa, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 10

I have only been on this mediaction a short time,I suffered everyday with migraines,now I'm almost free,its fantastic. I hope there will not be any bad side effects.

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 31

puts you in labor pretty much to get all the stuff out , I had a misscarrage that I wouldnt pass.

Comment from: BOB562, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 05

I am using methergine for migraine. Combined with Motrin 600 mg trhee times a day it has been effective in cutting my migraine rate in half from ~12/month to 5-6/month. I am concerned about on-line comments of long term effects of atrery hardening.

Related Reading: methergine

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 21

Was put on this medication after having retained placenta at 6 weeks PP, bleeding heavily, since taking the meds, its slowed down but still quite heavy and bright red.

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 31

Prescribed to me after I had a miscarriage and I had blood in my uterus left from passing the pregnancy. Made me dizzy and slight cramps but not enough to take pain medicine.

Related Reading: miscarriage | pregnancy

Comment from: sue, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 21

Has relieved my migraine in combination w/ steriod dosage. Dr. chg'd from Tompamax to this. Horrible severe musclular cramps from between shoulder blades all the way down back into hips and legs. Has anyone else suffered from contracting body muscles. My current dosage is 1 tablet 3 times a day.

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 24

I was placed on this med for migraines just 4 weeks ago..I for the first time in 10 yrs have reduced my migraines by half..I have been on several treatments this is the best thus far

Comment from: 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 09

dolores has migrines 365/24/7

Comment from: Sharon1E@aol.com, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: January 11

I was prescribed this medication for Head Pain Treatment. However, after being on it for 6 months, I must go off it for month. At that time, I must have a chest x-ray, MRI of the abdomen and echo. This scares me that there could be some serious side effects to this medication if this has to be done every six months.

Comment from: Mrs. D, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 12

Following a miscarraige and D&C, I was prescribed this once every 4 hours. I took 3 pills within 1 day and had a severe reaction. I woke up catatonic and could not move for 2 1/2 days. Would have called 911 but I could not move or call for help. I thought I was going to die!!!!

Parenting and Pregnancy

Get tips for baby and you.