Methergine User Reviews

Methergine - User Reviews

Methergine User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Methergine sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: beware, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 20

I took this med after an incomplete abortion, for "retained products". Anyway, I took it for 3 days and on the 4th and 5th day I had severe and debilitating cramps. I even went to the ER for the pain, and I've never been to the ER in my adult life for anything, that's how bad the pain was. If I knew it was going to be that bad, I would never have taken this pill. I was on the couch in horrible pain for 72 hrs!!! I couldn't get more than 4 hrs of sleep at any given time because I would wake up in pain. Motrin, Vicodin, and Tylenol was hardly effective in controling the pain. As far as it being effective, I guess it did what it was suppose to do, but I sure paid the price with pain! In short, if I would've know....I would not have taken this drug and would've opted for the D and C instead. I don't even know if that kind of pain is typical or not, haven't been able to find out that information online, and I haven't been able to get a straight answer from any healtcare provider. If you take this med, be prepared for pain and heavy bleeding (if taken for similar reason). I would do it when you can plan to take time off work, etc. It was a rough go for me and would never do it again!!!!

Related Reading: sleep | Vicodin | Tylenol

Comment from: me , 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 17

still bleeding after 7 days

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 17

Given to me following an abortion. Caused me to feel as if i was about to vomit, shortness of breath, lightheadedness, numbness and tingling throughout my chest along with severe pain and heaviness right in the center of my chest.

Comment from: Laura, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 24

Although this medication was effective for controlling/preventing postpartum hemorrhage, I had a very weird reaction to it. After the intramuscular injection in the hospital I felt very strange. Almost as if I was out of my body. Difficult to explain but I very much did not feel like myself at all. I chalked it up though to just the excitement and exhaustion after giving birth. About 6 to 8 hours later I finally felt "normal" again. Two weeks later I began to experience some gushing bleeding so I was prescribed some Methergine tablets. After the first tablet I had the same bizarre feelings. I could not wait for it to get out of my body so I could feel back to myself again. Twenty years earlier I had taken this same medication for some postpartum bleeding and had no side effects whatsoever at that time. After this last time and my freaky reaction I will not ever take this drug again unless my life depended on it.

Comment from: jenny, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 15

Didnt do anything positive. what are the effects on fertility? better let your body heal with time.

Comment from: SM, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 11

This medicine doesn't seem to work well at all. Bleeding like a stuck pig for two days. Cramping was bad, and these don't seem very effective at all.

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 21

It has slowed my bleeding down but it made my heart race. I also had very severe cramps.

Comment from: girlygirl, 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 30

i had heavy discharge and bleeding after i had my baby and it went away after a month but now continues with the discharge and bleeding. I also had very bad nauses.

Comment from: mizza24, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 09

Just finished the pills & so far the bleeding has slowed down, but I've been bleeding for 36 days now & I really wish it would just stop.....But the cramps were mild....

Comment from: js504, 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 22

I am having leg cramps and my uterus is cramping but I know that comes along with it. Im tired of pain, when will I ever find relief???? This is rediculous.

Comment from: Ladileo, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 25

I took methergine following anabortion and i think that for the most part they were effective pills..I di experience some cramping but that goes along with the condition. I din ot have any side effects at all.

Parenting and Pregnancy

Get tips for baby and you.