Methylin Chewable Tablets User Reviews

Methylin Chewable Tablets - User Reviews

Methylin Chewable Tablets User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Methylin Chewable Tablets sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 7-12 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year Published: March 10

My Son is on Methylin and it gives him headaches. He also experienced a nose bleed but not sure if the medication was the cause of this even though side affect suggest some bleeding. Abilify is a great alternative and Risperdel.

Related Reading: Abilify

Comment from: anatomyhardcore, 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 04

this is a follow up to my post at the beginning of september. After being on it for a month roughly it doesnt last me through the day like i need it to and i have started to headaches as it wears off, orginally went with this for the low cost, $4.00 at walmart, but i think im gonna ask my dr if i can try vyvanse?

Related Reading: vyvanse

Comment from: Steve R R, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: November 17

AN OPTION for some:Methylphenidate is one of the pills the Docs put me on to help alertness during the day. NOTE: I do not have ADHA !. The alertness problem is probably caused by other meds along with a "thing" they call DEPRESSION. IMPORTANT: I WAS ON PROVIGIL FOR ABOUT A YEAR BEFORE MY INSURER PULLED IT. Provigil maintained a steady, even, alertness (not a high) all day for me and wore off in the evening. I had very little insomnia . AND PROVIGIL DID NOT PRODUCE ADDITIONAL ANXIETY in my case. Methylphenidate is to much like coffee, going up and down, up and down, and it's hard to find correct doses for an acceptable result. Also, my experience is that a TOLERENCE to Methylin occurs FAST. My Doctor warned me about this. A few times a month I radically lower the dose and go through some rotten withdrawal on purpose. Otherwise tolerence develops quickly over about 4-8 days and the methylphenidate's effectiveness, in my case would require increasing dosages(very bad news). With PROVIGIL, tolerance was negligible. If you are looking for that which helps alertness along with better concentration (how can one concentrate well when one is just about to fall asleep?)...if you can afford it, try to ask your Doc to let you try Provigil. For me and my health situation PROVIGIL was far far superior to METHYLPHENIDATE (AKA RITALIN), and if I could afford it, I would revert to Provigil and I am trying to find some $ to offset the cost differential. My doctor agrees and actully apologized that I was going from that which worked very well, to an inferior med solution (FOR MY PARTICULAR CASE). HEY OUT THERE ... May your health improve no matter what, and may we all arrive at a point where we need no pills or any medicine to thrive. Steve R R

Related Reading: PROVIGIL | insomnia | ANXIETY

Comment from: Toubbeh, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 04

This mediation is an amphetamine basically and it made me feel like I was on 1000 cups of coffee.. I didn't sleep for two days, my heart was pounding, and I felt drugged the entire time. It forces your brain to use up its neurotransmitters and then when you stop you crash. It is so odd that everyone knows that meth amphetamine is bad for you but if your doc writes an Rx for a stimulant drug like this then it is okay?

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 02

My daughter who is 7 took this medicine and she has had bad stomach aches and vomiting with this drug.

Comment from: 13-18 Female (Patient) Published: April 17

This has helped a lot with my focus issues and brought me success in school. It has helped me get through my depression but I it has limited other feelings. For example, I cannot feel as excited as I used to or as nervious as I used to. I can't decide if that's a good thing or a bad thing. I has had no help in terms of sleep. I still struggle with insomnia.

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: April 16

i would be dumb founded. not a clue what to do first. i am also suffering with other disorders as well as depression. but this medication is helping me think clearer and lose weight. i give it a thumbs up.

Comment from: ajsasylum@gmail.com, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: December 20

I've been using methylin 20mgs for over 10 years now. I acqired a brain injury in 95'due to being ejected from mv by drunk driver.my treatment with this has been up and down, good times and and verybad to.Overall it helps my ADHD and balances out my other meds and helps out w/ my energy level.

Related Reading: ADHD