MetroGel 75 User Reviews

MetroGel 75 - User Reviews

MetroGel 75 User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication MetroGel 75 sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: daowens, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 25

I was diagnosed with Rosacea 4 weeks ago. I had painful pimples all over my face. My dermatologist prescribed Metrogel to be used once each day, with an oral antibiotic, Doxycycline 100mg, twice each day. Today ws my 1 month check-up and my face looks so much better. I have to continue using Metrogel daily.

Related Reading: Rosacea | Metrogel

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 25

it took four years to find a diagnosis and treatment for what my new doctor says is rosacea. She prescribed Metro-gel cream .75% plus duflican 100 mg (anti-fungal) I promise you, I began to see results the next day. No itching or burning with this cream. (I dont tolerate gels well) cream works better. This combination is a miracle. Please use a mild castile soap cleanser to better pamper your skin while healing. I love this metro-gel. Doctor said it would take 3 weeks to see results. But not me, I saw them immediately.

Related Reading: itching

Comment from: debzjar, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: December 21

At first I wasn't using this medication consistantly but I have been for the past year and what a big difference! My face isn't dry and I haven't had any breakouts for a long time.

Comment from: aquaholic78, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 09

After having incorrect 'diagnosis' for my ever-getting-worse redness around my mouth and nose, I finally received a prescription for this from one doctor. It has saved my face!!!! It's incredible!!! It took about a week for it to really start working, but it cleared up the random breakouts, and extreme redness.

Comment from: RickS, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: November 12

Interesting how a topical application can be so effective so quickly. I have used this medicine since the mid 1990's when needed. While there is appearently no cure, the symtoms are controlled very well.

Comment from: ?, 55-64 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: February 15

I find that the metrogel tends to pill or peel off my skin especially when I apply moisturizer or sun block lotion/cream. Also, Medco mail pharmacy does not recommend it and I have to pay considerably more for it than other treatments they prefer...but they wont tell me what those treatments are.

Comment from: eire923, 55-64 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: September 13

In my 30's I was suddenly facing acne-like facial breakouts along with facial redness. I was perplexed and thought I was dealing with a make-up allergy! Even my doctor diagnosed me with adult acne and gave me an oral antibiotic. One day a friend asked me if I had Rosacea--I had never heard of it. I went to my doctor with this information and was prescribed Metrogel/or Metrocream, coupled with an oral antibiotic to take for the first month and with any subsequent flares. It has been almost 15 years and the severe symptoms have never returned. I use the cream, because it seems to work better for me--I swear by it and don't let a day go by without using it at least once a day, sometimes twice. It's fabulous!

Related Reading: acne | allergy | Metrocream

Comment from: Beautiful, 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: May 08

I have suffered from rosacea for almost 30 years. I felt I looked awful and had to cover my skin with thick makeup. I was finally given this by a new dermatologist (in addition to an oral antibiotic for the first 60 days). I used this at night (and use Finacea in the morning). I have seen a 95% improvement in my skin after about 2 1/2 to 3 months. I am now comofrtable going makeup-free and still feel I look great! In fact, I have been told by many people that I look 10 years younger than I am...I work in a beauty store, of all places. Don't stop using your rx unless your derma tells you to! It can take time to see results.

Related Reading: Finacea

Comment from: Marge, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: December 30

I developed rosacea about one year ago. My dermatologist started me w/ using the Metrogel daily at night time & with time my face lokkd like me again. I am very pleased w/ the results I received by using Metrogel.