MetroGel Vaginal User Reviews

MetroGel Vaginal - User Reviews

MetroGel Vaginal User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication MetroGel Vaginal sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 01

I have had reoccuring BV and i use this everytime after intercourse and am BV freee now for 2 Months which is a long time if you have ever had repeat BV

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 24

100% satisfied!

Comment from: Andrea2613, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 23

I am extremely satisfied with the effectiveness of this medication. The only problems I encountered were headache, nausea, and diarrhea which, honestly, were worth it especially if it meant getting rid of the problem. After the first dose, I noticed that the odor was gone the following morning. This had been an on-going problem since last summer and I was getting frustrated because every test was normal. I know my body and was persistent in finding out what was wrong.

Related Reading: headache | diarrhea

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 17

This was so easy to use and only dripped out a little bit early in the day when I got up. I took the oral form of the antibiotic first and it made me severely sick. I was so much happier using the gel. I had no side affects while taking it, the only downside was that it gave me a yeast infection. It was still way better than the side effects of the oral drug! I only had to take this for 5 days which is another reason that this was better than the oral med.

Related Reading: yeast infection

Comment from: worried, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 11

I was 20 weeks pregnant when my GYN prescriped MetroGel because of an infection. I wish there was more information about the risk to the fetus while using this medication. The pamphlet that came with the medicine offered no information of prenatal side affects and most websites advisednot to use the product during pregnany. I hope the doctor knew what she was doing. Overall the gel is odorless and easy to insert. It is clear so it is not staining my under garments

Related Reading: MetroGel

Comment from: TexanGirl, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 27

Used MetroGel for 5 days after being diagnosed with BV. I had one spell of diarrhea and the cottage cheese discharge. However, the drug worked.

Comment from: girlygirl, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 05

Thank goodness for webMD. I started using this medication 4 days ago for BV and I noticed a cottage cheesey, very strange discharge. Wondering if this was normal, I came here searching for answers. This medication caused diarrhea for the first day but I am feeling way better. I tried oral contraceptives and they didn't work so this gel has been a life saver. They should really inform the patient about the strange discharge before use!

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 18

Ok so I go in to the doctor because I thought I had a yeast infection that otc meds wouldnt cure. The doctor says I have BV and I have never heard of this condition nor have I had problems with my lady parts. The medicine was easy to use, but the side effects!!!! Lawd have mercy!!!!! 1. Stomach cramps!!! 2. Dizziness 3. Nasty cottage cheesy discharge. I had to do more looking on the internet to find out what was going on. The discharge is the medicine getting the nasty stuff out. I have been off this med for 5 days and so far so good.

Related Reading: Dizziness

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 14

This is my 3rd day and it was very easy to use. I didnt have much leakage or anything. But day 2 i started noticing cottage like cheese discharge and itcing on mybody. So it gave me a yeast infection.

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 15

On Day 2 of treatment, got a yeast infection. On Day 4 of treatment, severe cramping, uncontrollable diarrhia, nausea, bloating. The diarrhia was the worst--I stopped taking this drug after 4 days. Side effects were too severe.