MetroGel Vaginal User Reviews

MetroGel Vaginal - User Reviews

MetroGel Vaginal User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication MetroGel Vaginal sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 13

I had no side effects at all. I used it before I went to bed and found that it wasn't messy at all if you apply it correctly. I am BV free :)

Comment from: Lock1, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 16

I have had absolutely NO side effects. I was prescribed Cipro originally and it failed to kill the bacteria. This is the best stuff.

Related Reading: Cipro

Comment from: J.Feliciano, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 30

I've been using this for just 3 days, the infection might be cleared but side effects are not worth it. No headaches or nausea but it did gave me a sore throath and fever, oh, and dont forget the cramps, definitively not worth it.

Related Reading: fever

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 09

I have one day of treatment left. I think it has cleared the infection, but I am having side effects such as upset stomach and cramping, diarrhea and Nausea. I hope these go away quickly after the treatment is done.

Comment from: Stana, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 29

Took this medication and it gave me a terrible yeast infection from hell, even though I took probiotics as instructed. I don't know if there are other options for treating BV, but if I ever get it again I will DEFINITELY ask for something else!

Comment from: hopelessly desperate, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: January 08

the side effects where mild, but I still Have BV. never got rid of it. hopelessly desperate for new medication that will work.

Comment from: GoShorty123, 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 18

I've been on Metrogel for 4 day now for BV. It works great. I apply at night after my night, which is the best way to do it so there won't be too much of a mess down there. After the first night, the odor was gone. I've experienced no side effects at all which is a super plus. The only thing I could say is that I have been having big clumps of cottage cheese discharge, which really freaked me out at first but after reading all the other reviews I'm guessing it normal. Overall, totally effective. I'm satisfied!

Comment from: sometimes, 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 02

It knocked the bv out apparently, or almost, after five days. But as I take an immune suppressant drug, when I took that, the infection recurred. Took two more courses, skipping the immune suppressing drug for many weeks, but it still gradually recurred. Had raging yeast infection after a couple of days each time. The medication stings upon application though that gradually subsides.

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 16

I am 34 weeks pregnant and my OB gave me this medication to treat a vaginal bacteria infection. This medication caused me diarrhea and stomach cramps.

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 21

I think it made my nose bleed. I had to go to the emergence room to get it to stop. And it gave me a yeast infection...WTF We need a better cure for this stuff. SMH

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 16

I'm 26 weeks pregnant and started taking the suppositories once a night for 5 nights. Everything went fine except for the side effects: cramping, diarrhea, and the discharge. I now have a yeast infection and I'm treating it with OTC medication.

Comment from: afiyaa, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 21

im 6 weeks pregnant and i have BV. my doctor prescribed this for me and said it would get rid of it. so far so good. no side effects or irritations but i hope it does not harm my baby. . .