Mevacor User Reviews

Mevacor - User Reviews

Mevacor User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Mevacor sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: queenbeegnv@hotmail.com, 65-74 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: September 29

My doctor first had me on a more expensive statin med, which had no generic, and after my research, I found this Lovastatin, which is a generic to be just as effective. Have been taking it for 3 years. Doctor approves! Helps me not to reach my Medicare Plan D gap and still does the job for $4.00 per month!

Comment from: V.J., 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: September 07

Experience some muscle weakness and pain, plus tiredness and loss of energy.

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: February 22

My Doc had me on 20 mg at first. Helped lower my cholesterol, but Doc said not enough and had me take 40 mg. Taking that dosage I had severe muscle aches and loss of coordination.

Related Reading: cholesterol

Comment from: jethro, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 02

Over a 3 month regemine it caused severe constipation and severe fatigue,

Related Reading: constipation | fatigue

Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: January 15

Zocor gave me body aches. Mevacor does the trick for me and I have responded well.

Related Reading: Zocor | Mevacor

Comment from: barsee, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: March 25

I have been on a daily 20mg regime for 15months. Though I exercised regularly and vigourously for years it became clear that exercise and diet was insufficient in controlling my cholesterol level. My latest lipid results indicated a more than 30% drop in my LDL so my internist and I are very pleased with the results. And I might add that there leaves no doubt that genetics play a significant role in my particular case. I am feeling terrific! (do yoga, cardio, strength and resistance training, eat omega 3 foods and adhere to healthy eating habits)

Comment from: Ms. G, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 29

I feel as though I have gained weight while taking this drug and seem to be experiencing some memory lapses. Anyone else had this experience?

Comment from: june832@aol.com, 75 or over on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: December 07

was taking lovastatin for 2 and a half years and was somewhat successful in managing my high cholestrol and then I had severe leg weakness and leg cramps, lack of energy and could hardly get around the house some days..my DR. discontined it and changed to another med. and I have improved.

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: October 31

some aches in my wrists...not as bad as Lipitor though

Related Reading: Lipitor

Comment from: R.L., 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 20

Caused severe cramps and weakness in both my legs and feet within several months of use. I am surprised by this effect as I am 50 yo in good general health and exercise consistently. I experience this problem with every statin I've taken, and I've tried several.

Comment from: Michael, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: January 25

I have just begun to use this medication only one month,I'm excited by the write up concerning the effectiness of it. Looking forward to the results!

Cholesterol Management

Tips to keep it under control.