Mexitil User Reviews

Mexitil - User Reviews

Mexitil User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Mexitil sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: oldone24, 75 or over Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 09

Had a very bad Vtach problem. Was on Coreg and amiodarone for many years. also have a ICD. Stopped the amio and coreg. So far the Mexitil has worked very good with no side affects.

Related Reading: Coreg | Mexitil

Comment from: SA Tarlov, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: June 02

I have been prescribed Mexitil for chronic pain associated with my Tarlov Cyst. This drug has helped me control my pain and somewhat lead a more normal life. I only feel my pain when I overdo things. I have not had any side effects as yet, but I am concerned about my long term use of this drug. I am happy with the drug otherwise.

Related Reading: chronic pain

Published: December 01

why is this medication being taken off the the drug formulary. it has worked for me for over a year?

Comment from: aaronranaewho, 13-18 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 22

I was on Mexitil for roughly three months following my diagnosis with VT, and it didn't help much at all, and left me feeling tired constantly. Also, the three times per day dosage was extremely inconvenient and it was more trouble than it was worth

Comment from: Mike012580, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 30

I have Myotonic Dystrophy Type 2, which for me is a VERY painful form of Muscular Dystrophy. I have been taking this drug (200 mg capsules twice daily)for about 4-5 months now and it has almost cut my use of Percocet in half! I was taking (at one point) up to 7 tablets of Percocet (5/325 mg) daily and after starting Mexiletine my use has went down to 4-5 Percocet daily. I experience 2 side effects from the Mexiletine: tremors in my hands (every day) and severe heartburn (about 2 times a month) for which I have to take about 6-8 tablets of Tums 1,000 mg to control. As long as my pain is controlled these side effects don't bother me.

Related Reading: Percocet | tremors | heartburn

Comment from: patient, 25-34 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: April 07

I have been taking this for almost 4 years and have been happy with the results. I feel better and seem to have more energy. The only thing that I do not like is the tremors that I rarely get, they are annoying more than anything.

Comment from: Chris G., 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: June 01

I am using Mexitil for over 11 months since experiencing a storm of 14 shocks from my ICD following 3 ablation in my left ventricle. So far the drug has prevented further shocks. Iexperienced no problems following the initial 2-3 months of adjusting to this medication. I have now become dependent on this lifesaving medication and hope it will always be available.

Heart Health