Miacalcin User Reviews

Miacalcin - User Reviews

Miacalcin User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Miacalcin sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Hairiette, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: November 14

My bone density increased while using this medication. I have had many stomach issues with other types of treatment. I've been using it for a couple of years.

Comment from: Maggie, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 28

So far so good. It is easy to use and no problems. Will know more after my next bone scan.

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: October 26

I have been taking Miacalcin for over two years. While Miacalcin is very easy to use, it is slow acting. My bone density test showed that I lost bone mass. Now, I take it along with Boniva. Hope the combo helps.

Related Reading: Miacalcin | Boniva

Comment from: Pam, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: September 18

This is easy to use and I hope it works.

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: June 22

Miacalcin improved the results on my spine and has kept my readings from my hip bone stable since I started using it about 3 years ago.

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: December 03

It was so easy to take without any side effects...but after a year my bone density test did not change!

Comment from: 65-74 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: September 29

Easy to use, I place the bottle on the side of the medicine cabinet related to the side of the nasal passage I used. This way I know to insert it in the other passage the next day. My only concern is I have noticed some hair loss and don't know if its related to this med?

Related Reading: hair loss

Comment from: Janet, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: October 07

It seemed to be no problem to use it for a year or so, but now when I use it, I begin sneezing over and over and have had to quit using it. Also had unexplained back pain (on one side) which has disappeared since I quite using Miacalcin. However, my bone density did improve using it with Evista so I'm not happy not being able to use it. There is also a generic Fortical.

Related Reading: Evista | Fortical

Comment from: 65-74 (Patient) Published: March 02

Have been using only the spray for 4 years due to osteoperosis. Bone mass has increased, but only slightly in spine and a little more in hip. During last year of use, experienced runny nose very often and finally, a red circle formed on the top of nose (size of a quarter)and was very red. Runny nose and redness has decreased since discontinuing the spray six weeks ago, but not completely.

Comment from: oldfogy38, 65-74 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: June 18

My bone loss was minimal while on Miacalcin, since the insurance company increased the price beyond my ability to pay, the bone loss has been dramatic.

Comment from: 65-74 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: October 02

I started using this in 2001 and originally had great results where my osteoporosis didn't get worse. Then, in 2005, had to use this plus took Fosomax also, which helped prevented the osteoporosis from getting worse. In 2009 I developed jaw necrosis and had to stop using Fosomax. Now only use this along with caltrate plus and vitamin D. My osteoporosis is now slowly getting progressivly worse, but taking the Miacalcin is the only meds I can take for Osteoporosis due to other problems. I have no side effects takoing this nasal spray, but it is no longer strong enough for me - however, better than nothing at all! I never miss a morning without using my miacalcin and I always keep track of which side of my nose to spray.

Related Reading: osteoporosis

Comment from: OneDaughter, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: April 09

My Mother had abdomanal radiation which caused her pelvis to have multiple fractures which caused excurtiating pain. The orthopedic Doctor put her on this for bone pain and within two days the bone pain was gone. He said he did not know why Miacalcin worked for the pain but it had worked for other patients and it worked for my Mom. It increased her a quality of life which was such a great blessing! I'm trying to tell everyone I know since it doesn't seem to be a very well known use for the drug.

Comment from: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 16

this treatment is awsome. I love drugs.

Healthy Bones

Get tips and advances in treatment.