Micardis HCT User Reviews

Micardis HCT - User Reviews

Micardis HCT User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Micardis HCT sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: nancyb011761, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: January 04

I have been taking Micardis for almost 2 years but never had a problem till recently. The end Oct. I quit taking because I always felt tired. I have tried taking it several times since them only to end up with a sinus headache, fever, chills and then I feel completely drained and sleepy. Is anyone eles having any problems like these.

Related Reading: Micardis | sinus headache | fever

Comment from: paxxem@aol.com, 75 or over Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 15

Fourth day of useage. second day, i had to break the pill in half to 20 MG. Original doseage was 40 MG. I felt a rapid heart beat all night after taking the 40 MG's. Past three days, using the 20 MG, I feel as though my body has calmed down. I find more frequent calls for urination, although I realize it is a dieuretic.i have a return appointment with the Dr. next week, we will determine the results of the Micardis HC. I will be back with the update.

Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 11

I experianced fatigue and it appeared to affect my short term memory. I stopped taking it because I was tired all the time. Once I stopped taking it my energy level increased. The drug did reduce my blood pressure significantly. It went from borderline high to perfect.

Related Reading: fatigue

Comment from: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: February 19

i have taken this for almost 3 years, it got my bp down to normal, but the side effects were terrible. hives and rash jyper active, dizzy, swelling in hands, happens most at night no sleep. if you take pain killers and anti inflamitory meds do not take this!!!!!!!!

Related Reading: hives | rash | sleep

Comment from: kenny9049, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 20

i was the guy who wrote on a review down below about my first day. well here i am about 4 weeks later and my bp dropped to the best of 123 over 96. it never went further than that yet, but this drug is good and the swelling in my hands went totally down and i have no headaches anymore. i am going to stop smoking next week (try anyway) but by doing that that should lower my pressure back to normal. i took a blood test, ekg, a chest xray and a physical yesterday so maybe something could be wrong because of my high blood pressure , but ill wait and see. wish me luck. i think smoking has alot to do with it though. all in all though this drug did its job. no swelling ,headaches, and i am not tired anymore. i highly recommend this drug for high blood pressure! hope this helps. take care, kenny

Related Reading: smoking | high blood pressure

Comment from: tng68x, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 06

Dose was increased to 160/25 and now I have developed double vision and my left eye jumps and turns inward. I feel tired a lot. My b/p is controlled but I can not tolerate this disruption in my vision. It was helpful to read that someone else had eye problems. Anyone else out there with this problem??

Related Reading: double vision

Comment from: ChiChi, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: June 19

Have been on this for a little over 2 years. My blood pressure was borderline high. I believe it has kept my blood pressure from consistently staying in the high range. However, after seeing family members with one symptom after another from being on various medications, and reading reviews on various websites, I really am going to put all my efforts into getting off of this and my other med, by losing weight and becoming more active. Side effects from drugs are no joke.

Comment from: 65-74 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: April 17

I've had high blood pressure for about 25 yrs. in early 2007 a 6 1/2 cm tumor on left adrenal gland was found and removed. The adrenal gland has a big influence on blood pressure. Over the yrs I have found that: 1 - if on more than 2 differnet BP drugs, see a kidney specialist. They are the true BP experts. 2 - If you develope a cronic cough, it can be your BP meds, expecially Ace Inhibitors. 3- I'm on Coreg and Micardis now and they are working for me. I've tried the generic Coreg twice and BP went up, so generics don't always work. 4- Micardis, the small pills are very hard to open. I've recently been switched to the larger 80mg time release pill and they are much easier. However, not sure they are going to work as well as the 40 mg twice a day. Insurance co made my doc switch me. We may have to fight it, if my pressure continues to be higher from time to time. 5 - It's important to take your BP medicine. Don't be afraid to ask your doctor to try something else. Not all drug work for everyone. It's often trial and error at times to find the right ones for you. Also what works great for a while may stop working.

Related Reading: tumor | cough | Ace Inhibitors