Micardis HCT User Reviews

Micardis HCT - User Reviews

Micardis HCT User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Micardis HCT sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Anita48, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: November 26

I am wondering if Micardis makes a person cough. I've had a nagging cough since being on it.

Comment from: cz, 65-74 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: June 20

I RECENTLY HAVE BEEN GETTING A FEW LEG CRAMPS AND MOST RECENTLY I EXPERIENCED A PROBLEM WITH MY CALF MUSCLES AND PAIN IN THE BACK OF MY KNEES. I AM TRYING TO DETERMINE IF IT IS ADVISABLE TO TAKE A MAG. SUPPLEMENT WITH THIS MED.

Comment from: on Treatment for 10+ years Published: October 28

caregiver for 76 yr old aunt. You had better be really careful taking this med. Aunt totally passed out, white, eyes rolled back, hospital dr said very low sodium due to many years on this drug. Hospital dr. took her off it. This was 2 years ago. After few months regular dr. put her back on it for ankle swelling. She has had dizziness, diarhea, confusion and kidney disease! Last week back in hospital - very low sodium again! This can cause death! Hospital dr. took her off Micardis HCT again and told reg. dr. NOT to put her back on it! Also many of you said to drink lots of water, but if you do you are FLUSHING the sodium, potassium etc out of your system and making the problem worse. If you continue to take this drug drink sports drinks with electrolytes as well as water and have your sodium levels monitored. In my opinion this is a bad drug!

Related Reading: dizziness | Micardis HCT

Comment from: Pearlie, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: October 24

I have been taking Micardis, 40mg. and a separate hydrochlorothiazide pill, 25mg. I was taking the HCT before the Micardis was substituted for other drugs that were causing problems. Took the combination for about a year, and suddenly my blood glucose shot up very high, after always having normal readings. My hair began to thin extremely, and my vision became blurry. I thought I had read on the Micardis package insert that diabetes was one of the possible side effects, but my dr. denies this, and I cannot find this information again. However, the side effects of HCT are listed as dehydration, dry mouth, thirst, hair loss, blurred vision, which I had all of. I stopped taking the HCT, and shortly after, the dry mouth and thirst disappeared completely. The hair loss seemed to be lessening, and hair might be growing back in again. In the meantime, dr. will not stop the Micardis because he swears it has nothing to do with the glucose levels. So I am still taking it, but worrying every day that I swallow that pill. I am writing on this board to caution you about the diuretic portion of the Micardis HCT. These symptoms sneak up on us and as for me, it took me awhile to figure out what was causing them, if I have. I prefer to take the diuretic separately from the bp drug, as it gives me more control over the dosages and necessity for them. I will go on another diuretic and see if I can avoid those problems. If anyone has information about a Micardis package insert stating that diabetes is a possible side effect, please let me know. The Micardis is very effective in lowering my bp, but since I stopped taking the HCT, the bp has been a few points higher, but still in a pretty good range. I will start Lasik, which I hope will bring the bp back down. It was running about 110/70 or thereabouts.

Related Reading: diabetes | dehydration | dry mouth

Comment from: KIM, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 07

While taking this drug I have exsperianced painful urination and a onion like spell when urinating.

Comment from: happy2bme, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: January 04

It helps to drink a large amount of water with the pill. Best when taken first thing in the morning. Remember to stay hydrated on this med, I can become dehydrated on it.

Comment from: t_weir, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 28

I was given this after I developed a cough on the ace inhibitor. I like this much better.

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 01

Was on years ago, and switched. Now back on it, and as feared, withing 2 months have gained 20 pounds back. When I stopped taking it, I lost 35 lbs.

Comment from: lookout, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: February 06

Recently bumped up to 80/25mg. It has worked perfectly on reducing my bp but started having some issues with sinuses, hemmroids, and gout. Finally got around to reading the paperwork inside the box and it says all are side effects with drug. Consulting with doctor to change medicine.

Related Reading: gout