Micardis User Reviews

Micardis - User Reviews

Micardis User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Micardis sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 20

Started taking drug 4months ago after a prolonged use of Hyzaar and found this to be working quite well. Previously was subject to spiking of B/P to stroke levels, but despite extreme stress situations, moving, husband repeatedly hospitalized, I have not had any problems and have been maintaining a BP of 120/80 for past 3 months.

Related Reading: Hyzaar | stroke | stress

Comment from: dori67, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 09

I've been on Micardis for a few months, with very good results as far as BP numbers go. However, I have had horrible muscle cramps, including feeling like I "threw my back out" after NOT having injured it. I didn't realize that these symptoms were potential side effects of this medicine until recently. I will likely not discontinue use of it as I have had otherwise positive results.

Related Reading: Micardis | muscle cramps

Comment from: Brunno01, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: December 07

This drug has caused the most minor injury or small pin size skin puncture to bleed out of control. Even when I applied a bandage or pressure it did not stop the bleeding immediately but took abotu 15 to 20 min. This drung really worked to control my blood pressure and I had no side effects other than this bleeding problem which really worried me. The only other problem was the difficulty I had getting this drug out of the blister packets because of my arthiritis in my hands.

Comment from: concerned, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: August 14

I have had skipping heart beats, rashes and skin problems and believe this drug may have contributed to my being scheduled for a heart catheter procedure to determine why my stress test produced abnormal results. Not to scare anyone I do have an athletic heart (normal low heart beat)that I understand can cause false positives. However, the other side effects, dry skin, anxiety, weakness, fatigue etc, in addition to those mentioned above and by other authors is very troubling. I have heard about the cancer issue and suggest follow up with physicians. I asked my cardiologists and he had heard about it and plans to research and discuss the issue with me further. In addition, the medicine has no generic and can therefore, be expensive. I hope to be taken off it soon and hopefully find an alternative effective generic combination that works. The problem is in combination with norvasc and hctz, micardis has been very effective. I run a lot and other drugs were causing me problems in working out. I had to be taken off of those and the above combination was found effective. The thing to remember (as I thing most of us that have been dealing with high blood pressure for a while) is that there are many different blood pressure medications available. Don't be afraid to work with your doctor and pharmacist in order to find the best combination for you. We must be our own patient advocates. I plan to get off of micardis if I can find a cost effective alternative.

Related Reading: dry skin | anxiety | fatigue

Comment from: xdaisygirlx, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 27

Started taking this in February 2010. It is now June 2010 and my BP is lowered greatly. However, I can't help but think this pill is making me emotionally unstable. I've never been this irritable in my life. I'm always dizzy & I my eyes even feel weird, all the time. My back hurts like crazy & I think I may even be getting anxiety because of these. I want off of these pills but I'm too scared that my BP will rise again. Anyone else experience this?

Comment from: tiredofmeds, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 24

I have only been on this medication for about 3-4 weeks for high blood pressure and I have to get off. I believe it has made me swell (even more)and cause joint pain (knees).

Related Reading: high blood pressure

Comment from: Candice930, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: December 01

been taking Micardis for 4 years now.Seems to keep blood pressure in a normal range for most of the day but as the evening goes on and it gets closer to my next dose pressure goes up to about 157/92 (I take my meds at night) Have told The doc this many times did not seemed concerned until my last echo cardigram showed my aortic artery is now measured at a 4.3 diameter and normal is 3.5 this has me very concerned about the length of time Micardis is working for me in a 24 hour period. Don't think I would have noticed this if I took my meds in morning. Well now Ive been put on bystolic a beta blocker just took my first dose tonight. I can't help but think that Micardis has played some part in my aortic artery problem since it was not keeping my pressure down all the time.I would recommend for everyone to check their pressure a couple of hours before your next dose just to be safe. and also after a stressful day your med if working properly should hold your pressure to normal regardless of stress level. wish they would package it to be alittle easier to get out of blister pack.