Midrin User Reviews

Midrin - User Reviews

Midrin User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Midrin sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: SmartWater05, 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 25

I've had severe migraines at least once a week since I was 11 or 12. I'm now 21, so I've been suffering with this for about 10 or 11yrs, though it feels like I've been suffering soooo much longer! Previously, I have taken Imitrex, Topomax, Tylenol, Ibuprophen, aspirin, Excedrin, Advil, Maxalt etc. You name it, I've tried it at some point, and NONE of them worked for me. I was at the end of my rope, until I recently started taking this medication, and it has worked wonders for me! I take it at the onset of my migraine, and the pain goes away almost instantly. Yes, there is very slight drowsiness that comes with taking Midrin, but other than that, it's absolutely perfect. Because of this medication, I no longer live in fear of my next attack.

Related Reading: Imitrex | Tylenol | aspirin

Comment from: Leslie, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 31

Good news for those of you who have been told Midrin is being discontinued. This is not the case. The manufacturer, Caracao, has stated that Midrin is on backorder because all of the generics have been discontinued. They are making weekly shipments to distributors, but you shouldn't expect to see it easier to find anytime soon. I have found that it is best to call each pharmacy directly to see if the have it in stock - I made the mistake of asking my normal pharmacy (a Walgreens) to look up inventory and call other area stores to see if they had in stock. They said no. I then made calls to 5 other locations and found it in stock. It's worth the effort. I've recently been diagnosed with mirgraines, so I haven't had to go through trial and error on many of the other drugs out there; however, my headaches seem to start out as tension headaches that develop into full blow migraines and last 3 - 4 days. Midrin is the only drug on the market today to deal with both tension headaches and migraines. I've read that Imitrex injections are an alernative that may help with tension headaches; however, I'm not too keen on that idea. I've had 3 episodes since July and Midrin keeps them from going full blown and I'm usually funtional within 24 hours if I catch it right away. If I don't, it takes me a good 3 - 4 days to get over it, but the pain is gone within a day.

Related Reading: Midrin

Comment from: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 02

I have suffered from classic migraines for twenty years.My first was when I was twelve.folks,I'm telling you,I have suffered these headaches practicly my whole life with no hope of finding any med that would work.Some that I was prescribed actually made my aura onset painfull.A family friend gave me a couple of midrin and told me to try them.I went a year and a half before my next migrain and then I was with my son on a school feild trip to 'sea world' when it hit.I was almost totaly blind within 15 minutes and I had to be drivin home by one of the staff.I had suffered severe pain for well over an hour on the 100 mile trip home.My wife met me at the school with the 2 midrin and within 15 minutes the pain and sickness just lifted off me and was gone!completely gone.I thank GOD for this med.It is truly my little miracle.When I got home I ate dinner and watched t.v with my wife,in utter amazement.

Comment from: Stacey, 25-34 (Patient) Published: January 22

I was prescribed this medication during pregnancy for treatment of migraines brought on by hormone changes. It worked so well I continued to use it even after I had my baby. I highly recommend this medication. Obviously not all medications work the same for everyone, but should consider at least trying Midrin. (Midrin is actually currently on backorder, but generics are available).

Related Reading: pregnancy

Comment from: Rose, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: September 26

Midrin has worked well in treating my migraines. Sadly though my pharmacist informed me that it's being discontinued and suggested that I try and stock up. There is a long backorder on all of the generics currently. To the person who said it was being replaced with epidrin, that's a generic of the drug and has a long backorder, much like all others. I hope it's just a supply problem and not that it's really being discontinued

Comment from: SinQueKeri, 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 11

Take with food or you may get overly floaty.

Comment from: Mostly Pain Free due to Midrin, 45-54 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: September 23

I have had migraines since I was 17 years old. I am allergic to narcotics. No over-counter migraine medicines touch my headaches. Midrin helps me as long as I take it as soon as I begin the ocular symtoms of the headache. Most of the time I am helped 100% unless I am somewhere where I cannot take it in time, which does not happen often. When it does, I can have the headache for 36-hours and the Midrin just chases the pain until the migrain cycles out. My pharmacist says Midrin is going to be discontinued and this concerns me to have to go through different medicines again.

Related Reading: migraine | headache

Living Better

Find the secrets to longer life.