Midrin User Reviews

Midrin - User Reviews

Midrin User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Midrin sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: December 31

Excellent for treating my Migraines with aura if taken at first symptoms. I keep initial doses stashed at work and in the car to take immediately at onset. Have recommended to family & friends for years.

Comment from: angpetsche, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: November 05

I was extremely unhappy to hear that they pulled Midrin, true walgreens say that, there are other places that do have it. The only thing that they are pulling is the Generic Versions "Epidrin", etc. Midrin is so worth it. It helps me tremendously, one dose and i am usually can function. Take my word for it, seek a neurologist, do not let your family physician attempt to figure this out for you. Get real help, get a cscan get a MRI, get sleep tests and stress tests. FMLA most of the time will cover you as a single working mother who has been on the job for at least a year.!! please look into it for yourself so that you dont have to worry about losing your job while dealing with the delapiating pain of a migraine.

Related Reading: sleep | stress

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: September 29

I have had migraines for approx 3 years. I have been percribed every medicine possible. The only one that has worked is Midirin. Just like others have said, it works within 20 minutes if taken at the onset of migraine. Yes it does make you sleepy, but when having a migraine, ther isnt anything else I can do, besides sleep. :) Wonderful product! Instant relief!

Comment from: princess_mommie, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 26

I have taken a variety of migraine medications (including going to the ER) to relieve the lingering headaches after a severe migraine. I tried Fiorcet and it created a second migraine. I'm now using this medication and found it to be a lifesaver. It takes about 30-45 mins for it to work. No side effects experienced.

Comment from: 13-18 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 02

It works about half the time for me. Only works with my light migraines, for intense migraines, it just worsens them.

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 14

I had a headache everyday for 1 month, I took just one pill and have not had a headache since. And that was a couple weeks ago.

Comment from: andy, 25-34 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: September 25

I don't know what I will do if this is really being pulled off the market. It's the ONLY thing that has eased my migraines.

Comment from: BookLover, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: December 27

THE COMBINATION OF MEDS IN MIDRIN IS AVAILABLE AT COMPOUNDING PHARMACIES -THEY WILL COMPOUND IT FOR YOU WITH YOUR DOCTOR'S INSTRUCTIONS. THIS IS THE ONLY WAY TO GET IT NOW BUT IT WORKS JUST THE SAME AND MY INSURANCE STILL PAID THE SAME. THANK YOU TO MY DOCTOR FOR RECOMMENDING THIS OPTION! THIS IS THE ONLY THING THAT REALLY WORKS FOR ME FOR ONSET MIGRAINES. FROVA ALSO WORKS WELL FOR FULL BLOWN MIGRAINES FOR ME. THESE TWO MEDS TOOK YEARS FOR ME TO DISCOVER, BUT THANK GOD AND MY DOCTOR FOR HELPING ME FINALLY FIND RELIEF!

Related Reading: FROVA

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: November 11

I have had migraines for several years now. I have been addicted to narcotics due to my migraines. Thank god, I am over that hill! Midrin is the only medication that works for me. I have had one for the last 4 days and even went to the ER last night because of it, and because I didn't realize I was out of Midrin. I left with the migraine and it only went away after I filled my script of Midrin. For those who say narcotics are the only answer, I would say take a look in the mirror. I have been in your place, but there is always a better answer than narcotics. I love this medication- it works wonders. And as a caregiver in the ER, if you come in and say all that works is narcotics and you are allergic to ibuprofen, tylenol, and torodal- we know your full of crap and narc seeking. FYI

Related Reading: ibuprofen

Comment from: Moderate1, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 30

Bismillah. I thought I was having migraines but the doctor says they're just bad tension headaches. No over the counter pain meds worked for me, not tylenol, advil, aleve, or excedrin. When I tried Imitrex and it worked I realized I need a pill with a vascular constrictor. Imitrex and other migraine meds like it cant be taken more than weekly and is extremely expensive where as Epidrin/Midrin can be taken a bit more regularly. I have to take at least two pills and then one every hour until it subsides. This pill contains is acetaminophen(tylenol), a vascular constrictor which shrinks the blood vessels, and a light sedative. As for its availability, I'm in Los Angeles and this is August 2008. It's available and called "Epidrin" they cost 50 cents a pill at my pharmacy and come as a white/red capsule. So they are available now. I hope all the pain and suffering can be taken care of for all people in the world and healthcare can be free for all. Because no one should have to suffer like this when there are cures but one just can't afford to see a doctor or pay for ones meds. Good Luck and God Bless.

Living Better

Find the secrets to longer life.