Midrin User Reviews

Midrin - User Reviews

Midrin User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Midrin sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: tre, 25-34 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: April 08

I've had headaches since I was 18 (I'm 34 now) and after YEARS of going to doctors (neurologists..etc) and having MRI's, CAT scans, any diagnostic tool possible, and numerous medications - they said "Last resort" use this - it has done wonders for my life - I now do not have to 'hold it' until I get off work so I can crash when I get home and be debilitated by a headache - it goes away pretty quick if I take it early. Even when I couldn't get to my pills and it was really bad, it only took two doses and after a few years I have gotten past the sleepy part - my body has adjusted to where I'm just a little more calm when I take one. This was a wonderful drug, sad that it was a last resort. They now have LOTS of generics and work just as well as the Midrin. If they say it's not available, ask the doctor to find the generic and ask for THAT by name.

Comment from: heartache_30, 35-44 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: January 09

I get very bad migraine headaches that take me to my knees and make me ill and i end up in the ER since i was prescribed this medication i rarely have migraines anymore and i love it.

Comment from: 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 08

I used Midrin for severe tension headache. It worked wonders, and aggressively dealt with the pain.

Related Reading: tension headache

Comment from: charliesangelwannabe, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 01

It works best on milder headaches or EARLY stages of a migraine. Takes away little aches and pains you didn't know you had until they are gone, sinuses, back, and joints.

Comment from: printcessl, 45-54 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: November 20

Even though I had a history of complicated migraines as well as normal I found this drug to be by far the BEST. As soon as I saw the aura I would take two and lay down. Nine out of ten times it would completely short circuit the headache even with extremely wild auras. My auras were ussually an indication of how bad the headache was going to be.

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: October 08

Recently when I tried to get a refill on this med, I was told by my pharmacist that they can no longer get it and that it is being taken off the market because of it's 'side effects'. this med has been around a very long time, and it's one of the only one that works on my tension headaches. So, he prescribed Fiorocet-this does not work on tension headaches as it does not have a vasoconstrictor in it. I called another pharmacist who told me Epidrin is basically the same, but a generic. I'm hoping my doc will give this to me so I don't have to suffer.

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: September 26

Very effective for me, though it makes me very drowsy. The hardest part is staying awake or waking up to get the correct dose.

Comment from: nikita, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: September 24

My pharmacy just told me it has been pulled off the market, but I can't find anything anywhere about that. She said it has been replaced by epidrin, but that is long-term backordered because of demand. I looked them both up here and they are exactly the same compound!

Living Better

Find the secrets to longer life.