Minipress User Reviews

Minipress - User Reviews

Minipress User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Minipress sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: nailnurse02@aol.c0m, 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 02

I started taking minipress for PTSD, and have no side efects other than a slight dizzy feelng for a short time after taking the drug. It passes, and I m fine. I have had only a few panic attacks since on this medication, and they have been greatly deminished........

Related Reading: minipress | panic attacks

Comment from: Kris , 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: January 26

I have been on Minipress for a year now for PTSD. I am on a very low dose of 2mg twice a day. I used to move around at night,swing and kick violently at night. Lets say my wife didn't like it! Drug effect: stopped those symptom by 95% I also had vivid horrible dreams which this drug reduced 70%. No side affects....I recommend starting at very low dose first. In conjunction I take Valium 5mg three times a day PRN when I am in public. Minipress also decreased my need for Valium by 20%. I am a retired paramedic and had never heard of this drug until a social worker recommended for me to look into it. It's a go for me.........and I have been on every medicine known to man until I was told of this. I recommend it!

Related Reading: Valium

Comment from: lanelocust48, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 12

It has been useful in helping to not have so many flashbacks. I have tried to come off of it and as usual, the flashbacks and other symptoms of PTSD comes back! So...I know this drug does work! At least it does for me!

Comment from: 13-18 (Patient) Published: October 28

After two nights of taking this medication i had severe palpitations and completely passed out. I was taken off the medication after.

Related Reading: palpitations

Comment from: wahoo, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: May 27

a Vietnam veteran ,combat vet and the nightmares are some what diminished ,still have nightmares of the things I did and saw but not as bad 63 year old ,it won't be long., I take 1MG a day

Related Reading: nightmares

Comment from: PTSDmom, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: January 31

It has worked amazingly to stop nightmares. I take 2 mg before bed. I did experience some dizziness at higher dose, but have had no problems since dose has been adjusted. I find that I am able to wake up easily for my children during the night if needed (I also prescribed up to 9mg of melatonin for sleep). Panic attacks have been greatly reduced, although I do still have some anxiety through out the day.

Related Reading: dizziness | sleep | anxiety

Comment from: xgrimm, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: September 08

It has really helped with the nightmares I get. I am happy with it, a little after taking it I do feel a little dizzy but it goes away after about 30 minutes. The only thing I guess that would be on the bad side is that it makes me sleep like a rock. It takes alot to get me up.

Comment from: fpiragibe, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 26

After 1st dose, my blood pressure dropped to 106x71. Now it's stable, and below 120x80. 'still on trial usage. Noticeable side effects are ankle swelling, mild dizzyness, feeling tired, unable to do physical activities.

Comment from: Jer OC, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 01

Has significantly decreased my nightmares, and also has lowered my blood pressure. I was skeptical a medication would work for nightmares... It lowers my blood pressure and blocks the adrenaline that increases P.T.S.D. related nightmares/night terrors.