MiraLAX User Reviews

MiraLAX - User Reviews

MiraLAX User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication MiraLAX sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: dee4798, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 20

This medication has made me seriously ill. I did not realize at first it was the laxative. AFter taking it I would bloat up and get a bad headache. Then I would break out in horrible sweats, experience extreme lower back and leg pain. Every muscle in body felt like I had been beaten and I would be so weak it would take a couple days to get my strength back. Just because it is OTC does not mean your body can handle it!

Related Reading: headache

Comment from: Mixedmami121, 19-24 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: April 07

I am fairly young and recently had a colon resection, since then my physcian prescribed Miralax which has been nothing but helpful for me and condition. I HIGHLY recommend this to anyone who is suffering from chronic constipation. I can mix it with coffee, water, juice, just about anything as you can not taste it at all! If you are concerned about the cost try buying in bulk, I was previously purchasing the Miralax (30 Doses, 510 Grams) for about $18.99 but then I went to Sam's Club and was able to purchase 2 at that size for a total of $27.00!!!! I hope this information is helpful!

Related Reading: Miralax | constipation

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: February 23

I have been using Miralax for at least 3 or 4 years now, due to chronic constipation from pain meds, (and 2 hemmoroid surgeries), it was the "miracle dust" for me. I have never had any bad side effects until now. For the last 2 months I have been having chronic diarrhia, with no other symptoms. Now I see on this site, that Miralax can cause it due to overuse. This is bad news for me, although last month, I backed off of the Miralax and seemed to get better. What a roller coaster ride! Overall, I think this product has saved my life, and my bottom!

Comment from: dorritym, 25-34 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: November 15

I have used this for chronic constipation for almost a year now. It works great. It completely disolves, so you can put it in anything and you won't taste it!

Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 01

I get satisfactory results with 1/3 to 1/2 normal dosage. Much better than fiber or veg laxatives.

Published: November 07

My 5 year old daughter was diagnosed with Chronic Constipation and has been on Miralax for about 2 1/2 weeks now and her BM's have become largr, softer and much more frequent. It's kid friendly and easy for me to hide in 8oz of chocolate milk, hot chocolate, orange juice etc.

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: June 13

I have taken Miralax daily for over 10 years. My life before Miralax was miserable. Hard stools, hours in the bathroom, and many days between bowel movements. It got so bad that I would actually black out when the pain got so bad. I hope Miralax never goes away. I've tried every other stool softner, fiber supplement, etc. They taste bad, and have no impact. Miralax mixes easily into my morning hot tea or juice.

Comment from: Gail, 55-64 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: April 29

This is the only medication that has given me constant relief after a life time of suffering rom constipation,

Comment from: elleshanny, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: December 01

I have had problems with bowel movements since I was a kid and I am 29 now. I finally have a medicine that works!!! I LOVE IT!!!! THANK GOD!!!! My doctor prescribed this the last time I had to go to the ER for fecal impaction. After being cleared out she prescribed when it was over the counter. I have been taking for a little over a year now with great success!!! Down side I was told I would have to take for the rest of my life twice a day but I have already downed the dose to an as needed basis. I believe in the power of prayer so I have been praying that eventually I won't have to take at all. I also recommend Beyond Fiber Super Seed that you can find at a health store for people that want an organic remedy. My sister was pregnant and was extremely constipated but I was scared to share the Miralax and I gave her the Super Seed and after 5 minutes she was able to go.

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 10

I've been using this about 1 week now and it's great. My doctor said I could use it daily. No side effects and I'm very sentsitive to some other meds and have some food allergies. I started with a half dose then worked to a full dose a day ever morning. I'm now going up to 3 times a day, where before it was maybe 3 times a week and uncomfortable. I feel sooo much better!