MiraLAX User Reviews

MiraLAX - User Reviews

MiraLAX User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication MiraLAX sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Christy, 65-74 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: August 09

This works great for me. It's changed my life for the better. Now, I never worry about constipation, as I take it every day. My doc tells me I can take it safely for the rest of my life. I hope she's right.

Comment from: steelevms, 65-74 on Treatment for 5-10 years Published: May 08

I have been on morphine for 5 years. No other laxative worked for me, except Milk of Magnesia. Since I have been taking MiraLax, I can depend on a daily BM. No side effects, so far. Love it and would definatlt reccomend it.

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 14

I am disappointed that I have not had the same results as others who found this to be a positive solution to constipation. Their claim of non bloating, non gas etc. was not the case for me. I had terrible bloating, and rancid gas, and it was almost constant. My BM's were different than they've ever been, not looking or smelling the same. I was miserable. I quit taking it, and would rather live with the constipation. Nothing seems to work for me.

Comment from: GBruggman, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 06

This drug was a life saver for me, who was facing a reversible diverting colostomy surgery. I was expecting to have to "clean out" by using another drug, called "Go Lytely", but when my nurse came in with this powder and a glass of ginger ale...I felt more at ease. It was a choice of having something like 3 ounces of powder in 12 ounces of ginger ale, as compared to about a quart or so of Go Lytely, and I have a weak stomach anyways.G

Comment from: healthygirl, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: February 21

Beware, this product works but can produce constant gas and bloating. Also, YOU MUST make sure that you mix it, THOROUGHLY side effects get worst. I've started taking 500mg of Magnesium daily(no more than 500)and this works wonders! I also use citrucel in tablet form which helps to bulk like fiber. Occasional use of Miralax is fine, but it is not a long term daily solution, it will cause pockets of gas and constant bloating. Also a glycerin suppository will occasionally get things moving if your problem is at the very end like hemorrhoids or swollen tissue.

Related Reading: hemorrhoids

Comment from: MRMRY, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: November 22

I HAVE HAD CHRONIC PAIN SINCE 2005 AND HAVE BEEN ON SEVERAL NARCOTICS WHICH HAVE A SIDE EFFECT OF CHRONIC CONSTIPATION. I HAVE SUFFERED FOR YEARS BEFORE I WAS TOLD ABOUT MIRALAX. I TRIED MANY DIFFERENT STOOL SOFTNERS,LAXATIVES AND NONE WORK AS WELL AND WITHOUT SIDE EFFECTS. I MIX MINE WITH A GLASS OF ROOT BEER IT DOES NOT CHANGE THE TASTE OR THE TEXTURE. I CAN'T BELIEVE I SUFFERED FOR SO LONG BEFORE I FOUND MIRALAX.TRY IT YOU WILL BE SO PLEASED WITH IT'S RESULTS.

Related Reading: CHRONIC PAIN

Comment from: Dmathews, 45-54 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: September 11

I've been on this medication for over 10 years. Before it, I had severe reactions to attempts to have a bowel movement. Miralax has been a miracle for me. Use; effective- ness - Great! But, pls lower the price.

Comment from: Hicksie, 75 or over Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 10

It's the best medication since sliced bread

Comment from: W, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 22

Tried other OTC under DR's supervision for over a year - none worked like this. Mira means miracle to me.

Comment from: Jan, 65-74 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: September 08

I have been constipated all my life-(I'm 75) This powder saved my life. I get no side effects. It's a miracle.

Comment from: vvdane, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 07

I am a healthy (heretofore) 62 year old male, eat healthy, drink lots of water, exercise and avoid gluten entirely (due to intolerance) and sugar. I have had no pain meds, and therefore could not understand when I developed a serious digestion problem.Due to problem, gastroenterologist put me on MiraLax, a double dose. I took it for 4 months, and then started having bizarre, troubling thoughts very unlike myself, horrible pictures/day terrors including suicidal urges. I have been off Miralax for 10 days and am seeing an improvement, however the effects are not completely gone and nights are horrible. It has scared my wife for my safety, and in researching she found it listed on FDA as being watched for "neuro-psychiatric events". I realize there are few instances where it does this, however, one death is too many. I have since found a recipe for an organic concoction that really works and am still seeing doctors to identify the problem with the digestion while using the fruit brew to help with chronic constipation, and it really takes care of it. I am wondering if anyone else has had psychiatric reactions/depression/suicidal thoughts while using miralax.

Related Reading: depression