MiraLAX User Reviews

MiraLAX - User Reviews

MiraLAX User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication MiraLAX sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: DIANNE901, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 26

If anyone is on Miralax and would like to save money for the amount of use your Doctor can write for Polyethyene Glycol powder for you in a large amount to fit your needs and to save you money. The OTC can be very costly. I am being patient to use this treatment and think in time it will help. I am on so many drying meds that this is the only thing close to working without pain. I hope this has been of some help to you.

Comment from: on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: October 11

JUST AFTER USING THIS PRODUCT FOR THE FIRST TIME, MY GRANDSON AGE 3 WAS DIAGNOSED WITH NEPHROTIS SYNDROME. EVERY TIME I'VE USED IT SINCE HE'S BECAME ILL HE BECOMES PUFFY. I WONDER, DID THE MIRALAX SOMEHOW BRING THIS CONDITION ON? HE WAS PERFECTLEY HEALTHY BEFORE WITH THE EXCEPTION OF SOME CONSTAPATION. HE'S BEEN SICK FOR THREE MONTHS NOW. HE USED THE MIRALAX FOR ABOUT TWO WEEKS PRIOR TO GETTING ILL.

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 23

My experience has not been a good one with Miralax. I've dealt with severe constipation for a long time now so my doc prescribed it for me. It worked in the first few days and was very easy to put into my coffee/juice, but caused swelling of my face and ankles and feet. I experimented with it to make sure it was he Miralax that was causing this, and it definitely was. When I stopped taking it, the swelling went away. The worst part was it made my stomach also swell to look as though I was pregnant. I'm not sure why this happened other than Miralax is supposed to cause water to go into the colon to help with constipation, but I have been diagnosed with 'leaky gut syndrome' and think maybe this is how the water escaped from the colon and into everywhere else. I've seen many blogs where it has worked wonders for lots, but think people with leaky gut should know this and try a different product.

Comment from: txqueen, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: November 11

I have suffered for years with painful bm and would hold resulting in frequent trips to hospital for fecal impactions. NOTHING has worked and continued to work but this!!!! When I stop using it I can tell the difference but I plan to slowly ease away with prayer. Great product to me!!!