Mirapex ER User Reviews

Mirapex ER - User Reviews

Mirapex ER User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Mirapex ER sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Happy Sleeper, 65-74 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: August 30

I am taking mirapex for restless legs. Sleepless nights for many years. After knee replacement surgery, I kicked it out of place in the recovery room. (Back to surgery!) Woke up with brace on my leg and taking mirapex for the first time. Have been taking three times a day; recently cut out a,m. dosing, because I suspected it may be causing daytime sleepiness. ( It is prescribed for every 6 hours, but except when hospitalized, I've never take the 4th one.) Four years of GREAT sleeping!

Related Reading: mirapex

Comment from: tee, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: November 23

I have trouble with Restless legs and have suffered with this condition for a few years..I had tried alot of different things but nothing helped..My doctor gave me some samples and immediately I got relief..it has been a wonder drug for me...

Comment from: pattym, 65-74 (Patient) Published: September 13

This medication has been the best for my restless legs. After three weeks noticed pain and tightness in legs and ankle swelling. Taking only .75 mg at night. Will try cutting back to lower dose.

Comment from: 65-74 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: June 16

mirapex has been good for me for about five years. now i hear things like -it won,t let you lose weight and also causes edema i n feet and ankles. i have haad these problems for two years or more. i feel i should try another drug now.

Related Reading: edema

Comment from: Mary17Jo, 55-64 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: June 24

The relief I get does not last 24 hours, I take half my pills in morning and half at night.I take 4 pills at.125 ml each daily.

Comment from: bobby, 75 or over Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: March 19

To beginwith I had trouble with the falling asleep side affect. Then the timed release pill came along. we doubled the dosage and the side affects settled down quite nicely. the restless leg syndrome, and the parkenson's didn't bother as much. I am very happy with the results. My insurance will make me pa a high copayment. when one is on a fixed income it is hard to make the copayments. I have this drug and 7 others. Thank you.

Related Reading: restless leg syndrome

Comment from: Jerry C., 55-64 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: March 08

I am taking Mirapex because my Doctor told me I have Parkinsons Desease. I am not sure I have Parkinsons but I will question him when I see him this month. I am wondering if when I take a nap I wake up finding things right in front of me when I am sleeping but they(the things) are gone.

Comment from: murffyduck, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 12

at first I could walk again, was great then I started to have rash that started at my legs and just spread kinda like using the wrong soap when I stopped using the mirapex it went away in aday but it helped great on the cramps

Related Reading: rash

Comment from: Travellinman, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 06

Was given this medication for SEVERE fibromyalgia Syndrome. It had no effect what-so-ever. Just another of the myriad of "Guinea Pigged" drugs tried on me with no effect.

Related Reading: fibromyalgia

Comment from: JoeRLS, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 23

I tried this medication for RLS and started at .0625mg 1x at night, 1st nightno sleep, doubled dose to .125 2nd night, no sleep, incrased dose to .1875 the third nighht with the same results. Increased to .25 the foouurth night with no relief. Dr. did not authorize increasing the dosage any further. It may have eventually given me relief but I could not continue taking it and getting no sleep. I was originally instructed to take each doosage level for a week but due to the ineffectivness at relieving my symtoms, aI was unable to do that. It was a disappointing experience.

WebMD Daily

Get breaking medical news.